Techstars is looking for a Partnership Operations Manager to ensure the successful delivery of Techstars programs with a major partner. This role is integral to supporting consistent program delivery across the ecosystem. This role will be a key member of our Accelerator Operations team.
As a Partnership Operations Manager, you’ll be working closely with the program team and our corporate partner to ensure program objectives are met, including the accurate tracking and reporting of metrics. You will own program timelines and be responsible for ensuring contract deliverables are achieved. You will interface with other Techstars team members, attend staff meetings, and participate in company events as required.
What you will do:
- Manage the overall program delivery process, ensuring consistent operations/practices in conjunction with partner expectations/requirements
- Manage partner relationships for engagements. This includes holding regular meetings, setting agendas and reporting on program results.
- Monitor delivery teams to ensure key metrics are being tracked and reported, program management systems are being utilized, and program timelines are being followed.
- Share new best practices with the Techstars’ team globally as you identify areas for innovation and improvement
- Effectively communicate expectations to team members, sponsors, and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Own major end-to-end processes and events, taking initiative and using problem-solving skills to think beyond the task to the outcome that needs to be achieved; ensures all program teams are aligned with clear planning and defined processes to help effectively execute their programs
- Consult with leaders to help identify areas of opportunity and recommend improvements as needed; eliminate duplication and proper support and knowledge transfer
- Create and Implement documentation including SOPs, Job Aids, and communications material to educate and train team members and partners
Who you are:
- Previous experience as an Operations Associate or similar role within a Techstars accelerator program
- 5+ years of program, project or customer success experience in fast-paced environments within technology, startups, entrepreneurship and/or venture capital
- High attention to detail and is resourceful & organized
- Fits closely with the Techstars’ culture (#givefirst, Entrepreneurial Inclination, High Quality and Network Focused)
- Experience creating and managing program timelines and plans
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and visual); comfortable communicating with both entrepreneurs and corporate partners; charismatic, enjoys building new relationships
- Experience working in a diverse, distributed team; comfortable with remote work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience with using data to make decisions and track results
- Strong emotional intelligence, active listening skills, and high level of empathy
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities – we're lean so we all have to roll up our sleeves!
- Outstanding ability to manage relationships at all levels of the organization and balance customer, project, organization, and team needs to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to lead, influence, and motivate others in the work group
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances in rapidly changing environments
Compensation range: $52k+ and 10% Bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $79 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.