This position is located in France and candidates must currently reside in France!
As a Venture Associate, you are joining a Techstars team responsible for sourcing, recruiting and helping to accelerate the growth of companies in which we invest. You bring into the program an understanding of early stage investing and fundraising. You are constantly meeting with entrepreneurs and are versed on emerging trends and technologies in the venture capital industry. You are intimately involved in the sourcing and screening of both founders and companies, and developing investment memos to ensure investments can achieve fundraising targets. You’ll maintain strong bonds with the startups you bring into the program, acting as a resource and looking out for relevant opportunities to support their success.
- Identify target investment sectors in line with the Accelerator's investment theses
- Source and recruit target companies via direct outreach, diverse sourcing efforts, marketing events, referrals, and in-bound accelerator applications
- Form and foster effective relationships with founders, investors, mentors, service providers, and other ecosystem partners to build a support network around our founders and to develop sourcing and due diligence relationships
- Deliver content and workshops during our 13-week accelerator programs on Fundraising
- Help our founders secure additional investment during and post-program
- Provide ongoing portfolio management and assistance for our companies
- Do whatever else it takes to identify, close, and help world-class founders to find success and to make sure our accelerator experiences are extraordinary
- Deep understanding of, empathy for, and experience with, the zero-to-one entrepreneurial process - you quite likely have 1) been a co-founder or early employee at a startup company and have ideally been involved with a successful fundraise or two, or 2) have prior early-stage tech investing experience
- 4-6 years of prior experience in the technology industry; startup and/or VC experience
- An investment track record that demonstrates the ability to source, transact and grow early stage businesses
- Strong emotional intelligence, experience with recruiting, vetting or advising entrepreneurs
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to learn
- You are available to travel
- Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs
- Expertise with google sheets and other tools utilized by our founders
- Your verbal and written communication skills are razor sharp
- Initiative and comfort working through uncertainty/unstructured environments come naturally to you
- Analytically oriented - you make decisions based on data
- You can sell - you combine credibility and chemistry to convince people to join you on your journey
- You have a great network in the tech ecosystem in France/Europe and/or in the Sustainability/Cleantech ecosystem.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.