As a Program Manager/Investment Analyst, you are joining a Techstars team responsible for sourcing, recruiting, and helping to accelerate the growth of companies in which we invest. You bring into the program an understanding and expertise in productivity tools and have a high attention to detail. You will be working in a high outward-facing environment interacting with founders in program, Techstars alumni, and mentors, all of whom are our customers or support our customers — the founders. You may oversee the operations and logistics of the screening process for potential companies, the screening process for new mentors, and the engagement process for alumni.
- Identify, source, and enable screening of startups
- Actively recruit and meet companies through various channels, including online research, networking events, and referrals from our network
- In support of your program, implement the marketing plan and maintain continuous communication with founders in order to amplify their needs
- Implement network events/programs to support founders and alumni both during program and outside of program
- Manage the logistics of the application and onboarding process
- Manage the logistics of the program calendar and mentor schedules to ensure that founders are fully informed about all program-facing activities
- Ensure that design and development of the program schedule is implemented and clearly communicated to all stakeholders
- Develop relationships with entrepreneurial support organizations, the Techstars perk network, and the cross-Techstars network that can support our founders
- 2-4 years of experience working in early-stage companies or other roles that demonstrate experience in the above responsibilities
- Strong emotional intelligence, experience with recruiting, vetting or advising entrepreneurs is a plus
- Ability to provide analysis supporting the drafting and composition of investment memos by program team members
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience editing decks, working with Excel or Google sheets, and command of the spoken and written English
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a desire to learn
- Comfort working in ambiguity, but with high expectations
- Availability to travel
- Systems thinking with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas — entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29 billion.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring, and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.