You will assist the legal team in the support of Techstars’ Accelerator Programs and Techstars Ventures investments. You will work alongside Techstars’ in-house attorneys, finance team, operations team, Managing Directors and Program Managers of the Accelerator Programs, Techstars Ventures Managing Directors and outside legal counsel, as well as the founders of our portfolio companies.
- Manage the workflow of incoming requests of portfolio companies.
- Support the spin-up of international operations, including establishing and supporting international legal and finance support infrastructure.
- Support the legal team on a variety of matters including corporate governance, SEC reporting and compliance, file maintenance.
- Optimize operational efficiency of legal department by streamlining processes and procedures; improve departmental knowledge sharing and retrieval.
- Maintain templates, forms of agreement, and playbooks for legal department.
- Partner with attorneys to maximize legal department effectiveness and scale legal operations as the company continues to expand within the US and internationally.
- Maintain internal knowledge-sharing resources with up to date, accurate, and organized documentation and archives.
- Prepare and maintain equity plans for Techstars employees.
- Manage stock certificates, both physical and electronic.
- Work on special projects and other legal initiatives as needed.
- Corporate paralegal with 10+ years experience.
- BA/BS degree required; paralegal certificate is a plus.
- Team player eager to work on a variety of US and international legal matters in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-starter able to prioritize, adapt and execute multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, detailed-oriented, able to maintain good working relationships within the organization and handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly.
- Familiar with Carta, eShares or similar Web based equity tracking systems.
- Experience establishing and maintaining corporate entities.
- Previous in-house experience is a plus.
- Active Colorado Notary Public as plus.
Compensation range: $100,000 - $130,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.