As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
As the Fundraising Associate your role is to prepare the startups to fundraise and engage the investor community. This includes assisting companies on creating investment decks, executive summaries, and financial models as well as preparing and tracking a fundraising pipeline. You will use both your business and finance skills to help create and build meaningful relationships between our companies, VC’s and angel investors. You should have experience in venture capital and/or investment banking.
- Location of work: Torino, Italy
- Duration of work: 3 months, from January to April
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on financial models for the Techstars startups
- Collaborate with startup founders to build investor decks and executive summary
- Build an investor pipeline to support founders to engage investor community
- Support the promotion of the program to the investor community
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc
- BA in business or finance and minimum 1-2 years relevant experience at venture capital firms working on deal sourcing, financial modeling or similar (Both full time and internships accepted)
- Familiarity with the European VC landscape is a big plus
- Former experience in venture capital and/or investment banking
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Authorized to work as a contractor in Italy
- Currently live in Torino or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program
- Fluent in English
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.