The Techstars Future of Longevity Accelerator, run in partnership with Pivotal Ventures, an investment and incubation company created by Melinda French Gates, focuses on innovative solutions to address the unmet needs of older adults and their caregivers. Program themes include: aging in place, caregiver support, care coordination, financial wellness, preventive health, and social engagement.
As a Design Associate you will help support the next amazing class of health tech and age tech startups, as they grow from early-stage to venture-backed companies. It’s a chance to broaden your network, get exposure to Techstars mentors, and work alongside these up and coming companies.
Historically, many associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they meet during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies. This is an incredibly unique experience to learn how a company is built by founders and an opportunity to play an instrumental role in supporting their quest to scale.
This is a full time, remote position from November 2021 to mid-February 2022.
General Job Description
We are looking for dynamic designers who love getting involved in many different aspects of design, including experience with video editing. From graphic design, to UI/UX, and even physical print design, you should be able to assess the needs of the companies and create beautiful and impactful materials. You will be helping companies with their branding and marketing, particularly on pitch deck design, and possibly logos, social media, outreach campaigns, videos, etc.
- Knowledge that spans visual, graphic and interactive design - brand experience is essential
- Experience with deck-building
- Experience with video creation and editing
- Great understanding of content and how to translate it into various visual forms of expression
- A refined aesthetic sense, and storytelling capabilities to work inside and expand a company’s vision and messaging
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- Have a great attitude, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Experience working in an iterative environment including giving and receiving feedback
- You want to work side-by-side with some of the country’s most promising new founders and young companies
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,200 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $29 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.