The Program Manager is one half of the Accelerator program team, consisting of one operations-focused Program Manager (PM) and an investment-focused Managing Director (MD). The PM’s focus is program operations and execution of the Techstars playbook to deliver the best possible program experience for founders, mentors, partners, investors and other stakeholders. The MD’s focus is program strategy and relationship management, company sourcing, and investing in the best companies from around the world.
PMs are responsible for ensuring the operational success of the full accelerator cycle from company sourcing through Demo Day. This includes event management, utilizing tools/developing processes to manage program data, building and scheduling the 3-month programming calendar, execution of Demo Day, and recruiting, hiring training, and management of the seasonally hired Associate team. The PMs are also responsible for collaborating closely with the Launchpool and Alphabit team to support them with their goals.
Experience with operations and event planning is required and is a major part of this role. Familiarity with the program's industry focus is preferred but not required. Throughout the year PMs have the opportunity to work across the Techstars network, support cross-collaborative projects, focus on professional development and career growth, and work with colleagues from all around the world.
What you will do:
- Partner with the Managing Director to develop the program plan and own the overall responsibility for the successful execution of the accelerator, including Demo Day
- Ensure the program is following best practices and executing upon outlined content and curriculum of the Techstars playbook
- Deliver the best possible accelerator experience to founders, mentors, partners, investors and other program stakeholders
- Own all year-round logistics, operations, administration, scheduling, calendar management and event planning for the program
- Support relationship management with the Accelerator Corporate Partner and Techstars’ Global Network Partners
- Recruit, hire and manage the seasonal Associate team
- Build relationships across Techstars by working on cross-collaborative projects and supporting the Global Program Management Team
- Represent Techstars in the local community and ecosystem
- Travel for this role is minimal and typically requires annual travel to StaffCon (our company-wide annual offsite), a Program Management Team-specific offsite, and support the Managing Director with company sourcing when applicable and appropriate for the program.
- Manage and support the external communication channels of the program.
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on event planning, business operations, and/or project management
- Effective communicator and ability collaborate across departments and audiences
- Ensures accountability with self and others
- Can plan and prioritize to meet program and organizational goals
- Can quickly adapt to different situations, styles and stakeholders
- Focus on continuous process improvement and operational efficiency
- Can anticipate the needs and requests of multiple stakeholders
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.