Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. By supporting entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey, we work to create positive social and economic change, transforming the world by making innovation accessible to anyone, anywhere. The accelerator programs, while a critical part of our support to entrepreneurs, are just the first step in providing connections, mentorship, and opportunity to the hundreds of companies that join Techstars each year. Upon graduation from the accelerator, founders have new needs and goals. Our newly formed Portfolio Services department supports those alumni founders.
Techstars currently has more than 6,000 founders comprising over 2,500 companies. Our investments include ClassPass, DigitalOcean, Remitly, SendGrid, and Zipline. Portfolio Services leverages the Techstars network, technology, and data to design and deliver portfolio services to alumni founders at scale.
The Perks Lead will oversee the scaled development of perks solutions for Techstars founders. Leveraging a foundation supported by global network partners, they will help build a world class set of curated solutions to support the startup stack from pre-seed to scale over the next two years by:
- identifying startup needs at every stage of growth
- sourcing and negotiating best-in-class perks based on those needs
- collaborating closely with accelerator investments and engineering to design and
- implement a founder-friendly and recommendation-worthy perks platform
inform the business model
- Support the scaled evolution of a perks offering by conducting market and customer analysis, identifying portfolio companies needs and solutions across every stage of growth
- The end goal is to launch an experience that is easy to use, highly engaging, and delivers measurable value to portfolio companies
- Source and negotiate discounts, premier access, and service agreements with select, best-in-class startup solution providers
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to develop platform to enable discovery, redemption, service, and tracking across curated solutions
- Manage relationships with Global Network Providers and collaborate closely with with accelerator investment teams to coordinate workshops and office hours
- Measure performance through partner and program NPS scores, partner engagement/reach, perks redemptions
- 7 years experience in program management, partner management, or related roles
- Demonstrated experience managing partner/stakeholder expectations through clearly defined objectives and focused execution against plans
- Experience in building and maintaining reporting dashboards in a business intelligence tool
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, entrepreneurship, venture capital, and collaborative innovation
- Data-driven and founder-focused with the ability to operate both independently and collaboratively to deliver results
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and high attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree (or commensurate experience)
- Thrives (demonstrated) working in a distributed/independent environment
- Good sense of humor, ability to adapt to change, no job too small attitude
Compensation range: $75,000 - $100,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.