Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. By supporting entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey, we work to create positive social and economic change, transforming the world by making innovation accessible to anyone, anywhere. The accelerator programs, while a critical part of our support to entrepreneurs, are just the first step in providing connections, mentorship, and opportunity to the hundreds of companies that join Techstars each year. Upon graduation from the accelerator, founders have new needs and goals. Our newly formed Portfolio Services department supports those alumni founders.
Techstars currently has more than 6,000 founders comprising over 2,500 companies. Our investments include ClassPass, DigitalOcean, Remitly, SendGrid, and Zipline. Portfolio Services leverages the Techstars network, technology, and data to design and deliver portfolio services to alumni founders at scale.
The program lead will be responsible for planning and organizing all Business Development and Practice engagements across the Techstars community and within the team. They will work closely with BD and Practices to take a programmatic approach to delivering services that drive business and equity growth at scale. In addition to organizing events, content, and resources for portfolio companies, they will design and launch programs to support business development and reimagine our business development matching events through the lens of Practices and for scale. This is an opportunity to build a new capability to deliver scaled support with tremendous growth potential.
- Help design, develop, and implement a playbook to engage the network programmatically through Practices and to facilitate business development opportunities
- Work across team to develop playbooks and best practices for platform and practice leads to engage corporations and facilitate collaboration successfully
- Aggregate and develop content in collaboration with internal and external subject matter experts to provide scaled support. Topics to include GTM, POCs, Partnerships, Corporate Development, etc.
- Organize and facilitate various events throughout the year, both standalone and through collaborations to complement content and cultivate community (e.g., Round Tables, Biz Dev Day matching events, conference meetups)
- Provide monthly reporting to measure engagement and support team KPIs
- 5 years of program design or project management experience, preferably in entrepreneurial space
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, entrepreneurship, venture capital, and collaborative innovation
- Experience in fast-paced environments with a focus on events, business operations, and/or project management
- Effective communicator and ability collaborate across departments and audiences
- Ensures accountability with self and others
- Can plan and prioritize to meet team and organizational goals
- Focus on continuous process improvement and operational efficiency
- Can coordinate multiple stakeholders and foster community across different audiences
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent job experience
Compensation range: $70,000 - $90,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.