You will assist the securities team in the support of Techstars’ venture investments. You will work alongside Techstars’ in-house attorneys, finance team, operations team, capital team, Accelerator Program staff, outside legal counsel, and the founders of our portfolio companies, to execute on a variety of critical tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review a large volume of transactions in early-stage companies that have completed a Techstars Accelerator Program (e.g., follow-on financings, M&As, reorganizations and dissolutions)
- Manage outside counsel reviewing transactions in non-US jurisdictions
- Train and utilize junior Techstars attorneys and outside contract lawyers to review transactions
- Recommend and implement process improvements to increase Techstars future investment capabilities
- Work with cross-functional teams to refine and improve collection of key transaction data and deal transaction workflow on Salesforce CRM
- Assist in designing/implementing appropriate parameters for AI review of post-accelerator transactions
- Update various playbooks and cross collaborative materials and guides on various types of post-accelerator portfolio transactions
- Work closely with TS outside counsel
- Work closely with the legal and finance departments
- Work on special projects and other legal initiatives as needed, including new software / process implementation
- 3 – 5 years experience
- Previous venture capital or portfolio management experience is strongly preferred
- JD degree or equivalent foreign legal degree
- Technologically savvy with passion to streamline and build scalable processes to support Techstars’ portfolio
- Experience with digital assets and cryptocurrency a plus
- Self-starter able to prioritize, adapt, and execute multiple projects concurrently
- Strong legal judgment and ability to make decisions using business and legal knowledge
- Problem solving
- Significant drafting and negotiation experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to maintain good working relationships within the organization
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Salesforce, and workflow management software such as Asana a plus
- Team player eager to work on a variety of US and international legal matters in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Compensation range: $110,000 - $130,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.