As the Operations Coordinator for the Techstars Minnesota team you will ensure our Accelerator Investments Team has the support they need to run world-class accelerators. You'll work in a fast-paced environment while contributing to the support of a diverse range of startups working in multiple industries. You will deeply understand Techstars processes and tools and know how to get everyone the resources they need to be successful. Your success will come from: believing no task is too small for you to complete, improving systems and processes that create roadblocks or challenges, and keeping a positive mindset and open-minded approach when getting things accomplished.
You are the ideal candidate if you are eager to learn, love helping people, and enjoy the rush of completing tasks on a to do list. In addition, you have outstanding organizational skills and follow-through and effectively manage your time. It's critical that you excel at following a process, utilizing different tools, and communicating professionally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support our program team with day to day requests for information and organization.
- Lead administrative and repeat tasks on the Accelerator team such as creating event RSVP forms, updating program webpages, helping run social media accounts, and helping maintain program specific data across internal systems.
- Effectively manage updates related to the accelerator websites and marketing support.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining materials needed to support both our portfolio startups and partners during the accelerators.
- Serve as the primary administrative support for the accelerators. Including calendar management, event assistance for the programs and the program team.
- Stay up to date and informed on company-wide and Accelerator-specific processes and projects to provide accurate support to our team.
- Work in coordination with other members of the program team to maintain efficient systems and tools.
- Strong writing and communication skills, especially interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Comfortable balancing multiple priorities and communication channels.
- Enjoys working with a variety of people and communication styles; is people-oriented, supportive and adaptable.
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience; experience using task management tools.
- Experience with content management systems or web-editing platforms preferred; specific experience with Contentful will be valued.
- Social media marketing experience is a plus.
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative).
- Recent graduate or 0 - 1 year of experience and interest in administration, operations, and customer experience.
- Interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital.
- Knowledge of Google Suite essential.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional experience.
Compensation range: $40,000 - $50,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.