6 month Fixed-Term Contract — Possibility to become permanent
The Junior People Ops Generalist will support our People Operations Team’s global initiatives. This role will serve as the employment subject matter expert and business partner for assigned client groups. There will be opportunity to develop, rollout and support global People Ops programs and initiatives. You will be a key point of contact for some of our talented employees in more than 19 countries globally and will work closely with our functional leaders and key employment vendor contacts
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement initiatives, programs, and trainings to better support the growth and development of Techstars staff, managers, and leaders
- Support a culture of continuous feedback by supporting the performance review process and collaborate with managers to better coach their teams
- Provide a high level of customer service to assist the People Ops team and company’s management in HR matters.
- Ensure that utmost confidentiality is maintained for all sensitive HR information.
- Ensure all employee information in the HR information system is accurate and up-to-date with the Techstars internal records.
- Assist with termination process involving preparation of separation paperwork, and exit interviews.
- Build strong relationships with employees and management within client groups.
- Consult with employees and managers to address root causes of issues and manage tough situations to resolution
- Research and update processes or procedures to ensure compliance globally
- Liaise with HRBPs, Recruitment, People Operations and onboarding on issues related to workforce planning and employment including employment visa management
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions
- Complete the process of international terminations, cooperate with legal and the local partners
- Implementation of international benefits and their administration
- Support monthly international payroll
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or 1-2 years of HR experience
- 0-2 years of operational HR experience
- Team player, proactive and positive attitude
- Strong computer skills in Google Suite or MS Office Suite
- Employment Law academic background a plus
- A pro-active, enthusiastic individual with the ability to operate in a positive, helpful and productive manner
UK Benefits + Home Office Stipend, Wellness Benefit, Personal Development Benefit, Wellness Days and more!
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.