Techstars is looking for a Director of Sales to oversee our sales, revenue and partnership interests in the America South-East & LATAM Regions. The success candidate will be responsible for managing and growing multiple Techstars corporate partner innovation programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Navigate complex and consultative sales cycles, typically defined as six months or longer with a variety of stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels
- Drive revenue growth across Accelerator & Ecosystem Development partnerships
- Work with the SVP of Sales to define regional target verticals, geographies, and program strategies
- Ensure client satisfaction and consistently drive the overall quality of our brand and programs upward
- Work as a member of the sales team to drive corporate partnership strategy and execution by working closely with the SVP of Sales to exceed revenue and margin objectives
- Strive to exceed revenue goals and foster a culture of excellence
- Secure a pipeline of new partners through market analysis, outside calls and corporate relationship development
- Develop proposals and presentations
- Collaborate with SVP of Sales to develop additional sponsorship opportunities and revenue streams.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience of demonstrated success in a consultative selling role interacting with C-Suite executives of large enterprise companies (think Fortune 500) and governments
- Experience with large ticket sales in excess of $1M per deal
- Quota carrying responsibilities in excess of $5M per year
- Must be an experienced and independent prospector
- Startup DNA; You are a do-er and a creator, not just a thinker; absurdly driven, relationship-focused, people person
- Experience selling complex services and solutions into the C-Suite and consistently closing deals upward of seven figures
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding sales performance metrics, e.g. quotas, pipeline, forecast accuracy
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills; professional demeanor, and ability to effectively present and negotiate with VP level and C-suite executives; comfort and experience dealing with stakeholders at large organization
- Experience with venture capital (either directly or indirectly); understands what it means to work for a small high pace/high growth company
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative)
- A Bachelor's degree (or commensurate experience) in Business, preferably marketing and sales
- Thrives (demonstrated) working in a distributed/independent environment
- Experience with complex and large sales transactions with longer sales cycles
- The idea of working cross-functionally across Techstars and with other companies to come up with innovative solutions and ideas excites you
- Experienced working within a Salesforce.com environment.
- You are familiar with both the corporate and startup world and are able to act as a “translator” between the two (experience with corporate transformation projects is a plus)
- You enjoy traveling locally, nationally, and internationally, sometimes dropping everything and jumping on a plane to make a deal happen (50% travel is expected to ensure face to face relationship development)
- Good sense of humor, ability to adapt to change, no job too small attitude
Compensation range: $130,000 - $150,000 + Uncapped Commission
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.