Techstars is looking for a highly motivated, analytical and experienced email marketing manager to join their Portfolio Capital team. The email marketing manager will be responsible for investor facing campaign planning, coordination and execution, as well as growing and retaining the Techstars global investor audience. The Portfolio Capital team serves to help entrepreneurs unlock capital more efficiently and effectively.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage, plan and execute Techstars email marketing programs that target venture capital and broader capital provider audience
- Work closely with the head of portfolio capital to establish and execute strategic email marketing campaigns that supports the growth and engagement of the Techstars investor network, as well as investment into Techstars portfolio companies
- Analyze and report on email program performance, key email metrics, subscriber growth, engagement and retention
- Collaborate with product managers and investor engagement managers to deliver effective email messaging that supports fundraising initiatives, including Investor Day and Investor Reveal
- Implement data-driven processes and systems for tracking campaign and marketing initiatives success
- Support the marketing team in identifying relevant and compelling story ideas throughout region and across the Techstars portfolio programs; generate media coverage and create content in support of Techstars’ regional and global marketing and communications goals and strategy
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in marketing, with emphasis in email marketing and marketing automation
- Familiarity with marketing software such as HubSpot, Marketo, and Zapier
- Highly analytical with proven track record of developing and executing high performance email marketing campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including communication to executive level audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of and empathy for the early-stage investor audience
- Experience in venture capital is preferred
Compensation range: $70,000 - $95,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.