The Head of Investor Engagement, US, is responsible for building tools, systems, and products that strengthen the ties between the Techstars portfolio and outside investment capital, helping unlock equity value for the Techstars portfolio as well as engineering how Techstars communicates with the investor community. This individual will be extremely data-oriented and will help develop products that leverage our vast amount of investment activity data to a) help Techstars founders identify and raise capital faster and more efficiently, b) help investors inside the Techstars ecosystem identify companies that match their investment strategies, and c) help Techstars better analyze investment activity across our portfolio.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage relationships with the most influential venture capital investors, including prominent/top-tier funds and top co-investors in the Techstars network
- Create and manage a central database of investors, cataloging investor data such as sector/stage focus, geographic focus, investment check size, and investment frequency. This should be one of the most valuable assets inside of Techstars that helps match the right investor to the right company at the right time
- Develop scalable tools and events (both internal and external) to help manage communication, data flow, and deal flow syndication to the world’s most active venture investors on behalf of the Techstars network
- Collaborate with Marketing and Engineering teams to put together roadmap for data-driven initiatives, including Techstars Investor Day and Techstars Investor Reveal
- Work with Techstars portfolio founders to navigate the fundraising process, including but not limited to building pipeline, reviewing pitches, and negotiating terms
- Design and instrument the end to end investor experience (their “user journey”) within the Techstars network with the goal of defining the various types of investor engagement models and measuring and managing those metrics
- Minimum of 7-10 years of prior experience in the technology industry, including but not limited to: venture capital, angel investing, early stage product management, or data analysis
- Prior product management and data analysis experience, preferably in reporting and dashboard development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including communication to executive level audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of and empathy for the early-stage fundraising process
- Demonstrated interest in and familiarity with the startup and early-stage investing community
Compensation range: $80,000 - $115,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.