Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. By supporting entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey, we work to create positive social and economic change, transforming the world by making innovation accessible to anyone, anywhere. The accelerator programs, while a critical part of our support to entrepreneurs, are just the first step in providing connections, mentorship, and opportunity to the hundreds of companies that join Techstars each year. Upon graduation from the accelerator, founders have new needs and goals. Our newly formed Portfolio Services department supports those alumni founders.
Techstars currently has more than 6,000 founders comprising over 2,500 companies. Our investments include PillPack, Owlet, Ginger, WELL, AppliedVR, and Tasso. Portfolio Services leverages the Techstars network, technology, and data to design and deliver portfolio services to alumni founders at scale.
The Health Tech Practice EIR has a unique opportunity to grow and cultivate a community of entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, mentors, and enthusiasts in healthcare across the Techstars global network. You will be launching this initiative from the ground up as part of the Portfolio Services team to drive portfolio value and success. This is a 12 to 36-month, part-time assignment that will be in service to our portfolio companies and will work closely with Managing Directors and other stakeholders across Techstars and our Accelerator Investments Team.
- Affiliate relevant portfolio companies to the practice and build close relationships with them to understand their needs, act as a bridge to Techstars services
- Expand the network of mentors and innovation partners relevant to the practice
- Connect members of the practice through online platforms (including activation and moderation), events, newsletters, qualified matching and introductions, etc.
- Create content and support thought leadership (e.g. white papers, The Line articles on Techstars.com)
- Ensure up-to-date information from portcos affiliated to the practice
- Work collaboratively across Portfolio Services and Accelerator Investments to deliver value at scale
- Experience building a venture-backed startup in health tech as a founder from idea to exit
- Desire to support entrepreneurs, with companies spanning many stages and geographies, who are navigating current opportunities and challenges that are both startup and healthcare specific
- Knowledge of the complexities of selling into or partnering with enterprises supported by a track record of closing deals and developing long-term relationships at senior leadership levels
- Strong network of executives and decision makers with leading companies in healthcare
- Ability to gather data and feedback from multiple stakeholders, develop customer-centric scalable solutions, and work with multiple stakeholders to implement
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, executive presence, integrity, and service-based leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional experience
Compensation range: $75,000 - $100,000 + 10% Bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,200 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $210 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.