At Techstars, we are experiencing an incredible period of growth and we’re searching for a strategy and operations minded chief of staff to work closely with our CEO to transform the company. From day one, the chief of staff will have an immediate impact on our ability to execute our ambitious growth strategy. The chief of staff will lead cross-functional initiatives and serve as a “force multiplier” to the CEO by supporting the CEOs efforts to transform and scale the company. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, communication, and operational skills. This is a two to three year assignment that allows the Chief of Staff to build deep understanding, and eventually lead an area of the business.
Objectives of this Role
- Lead the development and implementation of company-wide strategic initiatives.
- Support the CEO and Executive Leadership Team agenda to transform and scale the business using program management and business skills to help the company focus, prioritize, and make progress against initiatives with the highest impact on business performance.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, representative, and assistant to the CEO.
- Contribute to efforts to improve two-way communication, connectedness, and collaboration across a global, remote workforce.
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison between CEO and staff, executives, senior leaders, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning
- Take projects / analysis / presentation and manage / conduct them as needed
- Build agenda and talking points for key meetings
- Set up regular routines to provide updates on OKRs / KPIs
- Assist with executive / key strategic hires and onboarding
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with Executive Assistants to perform an array of administrative tasks including managing CEO calendar, setting agendas, generating correspondence, planning and coordinating leadership meetings, and scheduling facilities
- Attend critical meetings with the CEO, compile key takeaways / actions and ensure follow-up by taking action or ensuring CEO completes required actions.
- Define, implement and update listening plan - making sure that CEO doesn’t lose touch with employees and customers. Manage flow of information by helping to decipher between important feedback and noise.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience with data analysis
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Consulting experience with a focus on strategy & operations
- Program management and organizational experience
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Ability to partner across multiple stakeholders by leveraging communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
Compensation range: $150,000 - $200,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $193B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.