Techstars is looking for a highly motivated, analytical and experienced email marketing manager to join their collaborative and fast paced marketing team. The Global Email Marketing Manager will be a self-starter, responsible for Techstars global email marketing programs, campaign planning, coordination and execution, as well as subscriber growth and retention of Techstars key audiences. The Global Email Marketing Manager will play a critical role in engaging and connecting our network of entrepreneurs to each other and to Techstars network of investors, mentors, innovation partners and other key audiences. This role will also support major initiatives and events across Techstars through the email channel. The ideal candidate will think outside the box to solve complex challenges in a high growth, global and decentralized environment.
- Manage, plan and execute Techstars global email marketing programs with both brand and performance focus
- Work closely with Demand Generation Director to establish and execute strategic email marketing programs that supports strategic growth and nurture initiatives
- Analyze and report on email program performance and key email metrics, including subscriber growth, engagement and retention
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to deliver a newsletter with dynamic content by audience and email campaigns that support core initiatives and events
- Manage list segmentation for both global and local audiences, targeting by Techstars key personas, lifecycle stages, behaviors and demographics to deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time
- Maintain global email editorial calendar and coordinate email campaign scheduling to ensure proper cadence, avoiding overlapping messages
- Develop scalable solutions and processes for complex global email marketing programs and marketing automation in a high growth, global and decentralized environment
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in marketing, with emphasis in email marketing and marketing automation
- Expert in Hubspot, Marketo or similar marketing automation platform
- Highly analytical with proven track record of developing and executing high performance email marketing campaigns
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple email marketing projects simultaneously
- Expert in email marketing best practices and email marketing compliance laws such as CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and CASL
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume and fast-paced work environment with a globally distributed team
- Comfortable and effective in working with a variety of stakeholder groups
- Experience in high growth technology company, startup or investment company preferred
- Strong writing skills preferred
Compensation range: $72,000+ (dependent upon experience) + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $210B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.