This is a fully remote role and can be located anywhere in the continental US.
As a Data Engineer, you will be an important part of a team building innovative solutions that empower our internal financial and investment teams as well as our network of investors. The solutions this team develops will literally change the industry. As part of Techstars’ data engineering organization you and your team will build a modern real-time data analytics platform that implements ML/AI to inform Techstars investments and empowers investors with insights.
As an organization, we value innovation and collaboration. We make heavy use of Open Source technologies and cloud infrastructure. We believe in sustainable software development using Agile Development methodologies and mature devops practices to quickly and consistently provide value. We believe in creating robust, performant, maintainable, observable solutions.
What you will do
- As part of a team of engineers working in an agile environment you will build and deploy quality data ingest, cleansing, analytics and ML solutions
- Ensure that all data and software solutions are secure, performant, reliable, observable and testable
- Work with team members in a collaborative manner
- Continuously improve the quality of the products and solutions delivered
What you bring
- A passion for building data solutions
- A deep appreciation for dev/ops
- Experience working with distributed systems and cloud infrastructure
- Data engineering experience with ETL, streaming, data pipelines, cleansing and mastery
- Diverse experience with languages (ie. SQL, Python, Node, Scala)
- Experience working with a variety of relational and non-relational database systems (ie Postgres, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with cloud based data visualization technologies (ie. Looker, Domo, Airtable)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, a desire to learn and teach
Nice to have
- Experience in financial/investment data
- Experience developing with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
Compensation range: $75,000 - $125,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.