As a Staff Engineer at Techstars you will be an important part of a team building innovative software solutions for entrepreneurs worldwide. Techstars already has one of the largest portfolios in early stage venture capital, with over 2,300 portfolio companies, a combined market cap of more than $193B, and 12 unicorns. In this role, you will build backend streaming data pipelines, integrations with third party SaaS applications, complex analytics features and app facing platform data APIs. You will guide architecture and solution design to ensure optimal solution performance and reliability. As a result you will help Techstars attract 10x more founders, and contribute directly to scaling the Techstars footprint to serve more entrepreneurs than ever before.
What you will do:
- Guide the technical design of data models, workflows, integrations, and applications.
- Design, build and deploy quality software applications in an agile team environment.
- Mentor the team to deliver excellent working software to the end user.
- Contribute code
- Work with team leads and engineers on design and implementation of technical systems.
- Support the software product manager with OKRs, planning, and stakeholder meetings as a technical resource.
- Evaluate third-party and internal solutions.
What you bring:
- 8+ years of backend/data focused software engineering experience
- Substantial experience designing distributed systems, deploying in cloud environments, and managing cross-team service interfaces and dependencies
- Proven ability to balance agile, incremental delivery with architectural foresight
- Proven ability to design solutions with substantial build & buy components, and to evaluate potential third-party solutions critically
- Substantial experience with agile methodologies
- Experience in the financial/fintech data preferred
Compensation range: $115,000 - $170,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $210B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.