As our Network Catalyst for Europe, the Middle East and Africa you will be responsible for working with each of our Techstars programs in the region, to connect portfolio companies to relationships and resources in the Techstars network that support mentorship, funding, talent, knowledge share and customer acquisition. You’ll also be expected to educate our founders on the origin of Techstars, best practices and the best tools to stay connected. You’ll work on innovative ways to connect portfolio companies to each other through engagement events, forums and online communities. A particular focus for this role will be the first year post accelerator experience for founders/portfolio companies. You’ll reinforce a key tenet of Techstars: #givefirst and support that idea in every interaction. This individual will be reporting to our VP of Network and is part of the Portfolio Services team.
In addition, this person will be responsible for building top-class relationships with top-tie mentors and investors in Europe. The output is sending the right VCs/mentors to the right Techstars deal flow/knowledge at the right time.
Lastly, this person will be attending every worthwhile conference in Europe, the Middle East and Africa - representing the Techstars brand MCing, moderating, sourcing speakers and building relationships and contacts with the region’s top people.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop and cultivate relationships with Techstars alumni across EMEA (particular focus on alumni in the first year post-accelerator.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with leading investors and top ecosystem influencers.
- Develop a world-class presentation that founders of Techstars programs will love and will find true value in.
- Attend and speak at conferences evangelizing the Techstars brand.
- Expand the Techstars Chapters program to Europe (geographically-based network structures).
- Collaborate with Techstars Managing Directors and product managers to ensure alignment.
- Recruit some of the brightest in your network to work with Techstars.
- 5-10 years of experience working in the startup scene in Europe.
- Entrepreneurial background a plus.
- Excited about the opportunity to work cross-functionally across Techstars and with other companies to come up with innovative solutions and ideas
- Familiar with both the corporate and startup world and are able to act as a “translator” between the two (experience with corporate transformation projects is a plus).
- Have exceptional professional presentation and speaking skills.
- Prioritize strategic activities above tactical execution.
- Incredibly self-driven and organized.
- Fit the Techstars’ culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative).
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional experience.
- Enjoy traveling locally, nationally, and internationally (a minimum of 50% travel is expected to ensure face to face relationship development).
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.