This is a fully remote role and can be located anywhere in the continental US.
As a Data Engineering Lead, you will lead a team of engineers to build innovative solutions that empower entrepreneurs worldwide. Techstars already has one of the largest portfolios in early stage venture capital, with over 2,300 portfolio companies, a combined market cap of more than $193B, and 12 unicorns. In this role, you and your team will build backend streaming data pipelines, integrations with third party SaaS applications, complex analytics features and app facing platform data APIs. You will take an active role in architecture and solution design and help optimize solution performance and reliability. As a result you will help Techstars attract 10x more founders, and contribute directly to scaling the Techstars footprint to serve more entrepreneurs than ever before.
We believe in sustainable software development using Agile Development methodologies and mature DevOps practices to quickly and consistently provide value. We believe in creating robust, performant, maintainable, observable solutions. As an organization we value innovation and collaboration.
What you will do:
- Design, build and deploy quality data pipelines, models, integrations and APIs in an agile team environment.
- Lead a team to deliver solutions that allow for 10x growth of Techstars pipeline of startups and our accelerator programs
- Mentor team members on standards, best practices and implementation of technology.
- Work with Engineering Leadership on design and implementation of technical systems.
- Support Product Owner with OKRs, Sprint planning and stakeholder meetings as a technical resource.
- Maintain uptime and SLA of deployed software systems.
- Foster technical growth within your team by encouraging collaboration and innovation.
What you bring:
- 5+ years creating secure, reliable and performant enterprise level data cleansing, statistical modeling and analytics solutions (prefer fintech experience).
- 5+ years working on a data platform using open source technology (Kafka, K8s, Redis) and cloud infrastructure or operating as managed services.
- 5+ years experience with relational and non-relational database architecture (Postgres a plus)
- 3+ years as a senior engineer or lead engineer, leading and mentoring other engineers
- Experience developing robust APIs
- Diverse experience with languages (ie. SQL, Python, Node, Scala)
- Knowledge of methodologies for testing quality, release management, incident response and issue resolution
- Ability to create risk mitigation strategies for system upgrades and code releases
- Ability to analyze appropriate technology stacks and major infrastructural components.
- Strong DevOps skills
- Track record of building reusable and cohesive architecture across applications
- Experience creating technical designs that fulfill product requirements
- A team mentality towards accomplishing projects
- Ability to breakdown, prioritize and sequence development tasks for other engineers for high team utilization
- Desire to mentor and grow engineers on the team
- Coding standards utilization (Unit tests, formats, use of libraries, well structured, reusable, high quality)
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work with the Product Owner and stakeholders to understand and manifest software outcomes
Compensation range: $115,000 - $155,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.