As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will empower Techstars’ engineering efforts to scale and help more entrepreneurs succeed than ever before as a leading accelerator and investor. You will work in a public cloud-native environment with container and serverless architectures, define infrastructure in code, and enable continuous delivery of working, high-quality solutions. You will influence the development of quality and engineering culture across teams via reusable patterns and frameworks. In doing all this, you will help shape the technical platforms and applications that serve thousands of entrepreneurs worldwide via services provided directly to entrepreneurs and investors and via enabling Techstars investment operations.
What you will do
- Create reliable, effective, shared cloud infrastructure assets, patterns, and tools for the organization
- Empower multiple development teams to build a data platform, web sites and applications, and numerous integrations in a cloud-native environment
- Provide solid frameworks and foundations for testing and operability by development teams
- Continually improve practices and tools for deployment, observability, and recovery
- Contribute to organizational standards
- Use tools such as Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, Node.js, and many others
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience developing software (including tool/platform development)
- 4+ years of experience configuring public cloud infrastructure (AWS experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working, reliable, high-quality infrastructure, tools, and systems in an agile and incremental way
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated security mindset and ability to build secure cloud-native environments
- Proficiency with Kubernetes, Docker, and Linux server environments
- Proficiency with infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Familiarity with how various types of software execute in production and how they can be continuously improved
Compensation range: $100,000 - $160,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $210B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.