Director Global Total Rewards
The Director of Global Total Rewards is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and administering our comprehensive global total rewards strategy and programs that includes all aspects of the employee rewards programs including Compensation, Benefits and Employee wellness. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of external best-practices and reward strategies combined with a track record of conceptualizing successful strategies, developing and leading action plans, and the ability to execute and operationalize in a scalable way. This position will report to the Chief People Officer.
- Drive the philosophy, design, implementation and scaling of a compensation and reward strategy that effectively motivates and retains great talent
- Identify best practices and benchmarks and develop recommendations to align with the Business and HR strategy and goals
- Ensure that compensation and benefit programs are compliant with local, state, and federal as well as country-specific global regulations
- Provide leadership, coaching, and guidance to functional specialists who support employees across the organization
- Develop and coordinate communication strategies and activities designed to educate and inform employees about total rewards
- Ensure strong cross-functional collaboration with Accounting/Finance and Legal teams and other teams as required
- Partner with HR team and leaders to develop appropriate total reward packages to recruit and retain talent
- Manage payroll provider
- Advise on all ad hoc compensation questions and issues from recruiters, HR Business partners, managers, executives and board
- Maintain and update compensation bands and leveling, and continuously assess against market
- Develop compensation philosophy, train management at all levels to make and communicate pay decisions in alignment with this new philosophy and practice through delivery of management and employee training and compensation decision support tools
- Oversee the review, communication, and implementation of the annual total compensation review
- Lead strategy and design to deliver quality benefit programs to remain competitive and cost-effective
- In partnership with our brokers, participate in negotiation of agreements with insurance carriers and financial institutions for administration of benefits programs
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors to ensure they adhere to established plans, deliver targeted financial results and meet agreed upon service levels
- Develop and execute an international long-term benefits strategy that keeps the company competitive and progressive in all locations
- Identify wellness needs and creates, coordinate and implement health and wellness activities and policies aimed at fostering a culture of wellness by improving employee health and well being
- Oversee the review, communication, and implementation of the annual benefit programs open enrollment process
- 8+ years of experience in People Operations leading initiatives in Compensation and Benefits
- 2+ years leadership experience (people management)
- Demonstrated ability to influence, build trust and develop effective collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects and programs to successful completion, including building productive, cross-functional relationships and aligned objectives
- Team player that can easily handle changing priorities and multi-task well in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of current federal, state and global labor and benefit laws and regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of business on a global scale. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions
- Expert hands-on knowledge in compensation with the ability to drive and administer major compensation initiatives
- Proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives
- Proven leadership in driving highly competitive and financially sound Benefits strategies
- Strong HRIS experience and knowledge and a track record of leveraging new HR technology while leading a Total Rewards function
- Namely HRIS experience a plus
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related field
Compensation Range: $130,000 - $150,000 + 10% Bonus
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $193B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.