As a Staff Engineer, you will empower Techstars’ business technology to scale and help more entrepreneurs succeed than ever before. You will architect and build solutions that enable business processes to be comprehensive, accurate, and automated. You will critically evaluate and integrate with vendor solutions. You will guide the development of quality and engineering culture on a team. In doing all this, you will help shape the technical platforms and applications that serve thousands of entrepreneurs worldwide.
What You Will Do
- Guide the technical design of data models, workflows, integrations, and applications.
- Design, build and deploy quality software applications in an agile team environment.
- Mentor the team to deliver excellent working software to the end user.
- Contribute code
- Work with team leads and engineers on design and implementation of technical systems.
- Support the software product manager with OKRs, planning, and stakeholder meetings as a technical resource.
- Evaluate third-party and internal solutions.
What You Bring
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of developing applications and integrations with Salesforce
- Substantial experience technically designing distributed systems, deploying in cloud environments, and managing cross-team service interfaces and dependencies
- Proven ability to balance agile, incremental delivery with architectural foresight
- Proven ability to design solutions with substantial build & buy components, and to evaluate potential third-party solutions critically
- Substantial experience with agile methodologies
- Salesforce certifications including Platform Developer (I and II), Data Architecture and Management Designer, and Integration Architecture Designer are a plus
- Experience in the financial/fintech industry preferred
Compensation range: $110,000 - $165,000 + 10% Bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,200 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $29 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.