As an MBA Intern you will help support the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know entrepreneurs and investors, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most Associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
As an MBA Intern, you will be working with one of our ten portfolio companies or two nonprofits in a very hands-on environment. We expect that candidates will be able to jump in and help companies with whatever projects they are working on.
We seek candidates who have deep experience & competency in at least one of the following areas:
- Business Development: Sales, Partnerships, and Customer Discovery, Research & Development
- Finance & Analysis: Financial Modeling, Fundraising Preparation & Strategy, Market Research & Sizing
- Marketing & Creative: Branding, Marketing, Social Media, SEO Optimization, and Design (UX/UI and visual)
This is an impact focused program and the organizations accepted will be tackling complex social issues in education and work. We are looking for candidates who are excited about supporting organizations that have goals to create a world that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and provides economic mobility to those who need it most.
MBA Interns will be required to receive college credit towards their degree in order to fulfill the role. This is an incredibly unique experience to learn how a company is built by founders and an opportunity to play an instrumental role in supporting their quest to scale.
This is a remote role that requires a 15-20 hours/week time commitment. MBA Associates will be overseen by the Program Manager and Managing Director.
Submission Deadline: July 22nd, 2022
Target Start Date: October 31, 2022
End Date: February 17th, 2023
Compensation: College Credit Earned
Location: Denver, Colorado. The first week & the last week of the program will be in person. Otherwise, remote but we have a preference to hire from the Denver/Boulder ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support companies & non-profits with various projects, including, but not limited to:
- Customer Development
- Lead generation and sales
- Financial modeling
- Pitch deck preparation
- Research and analysis to support the fundraising process
- Investor pipeline building
- Attend meetings & retrospectives with the program team
- Attend and share learnings from workshops / mentor meetings as requested
- Assist with accelerator focused projects as needed
- Currently enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program and able to receive course credit for this role
- Experience with lead generation and sales, go to market and growth hacking, operations, financial modeling, and/or design
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and being flexible when projects/timelines change
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize, organize and collaborate, especially on multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities
- Previous experience at a startup is a plus
- Dirk Lehmann - Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,900 companies with a market cap of $23 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.