As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
We are looking for dynamic designers who love getting involved in many different aspects of design. From graphic design, to UI/UX, and even physical print design, you should be able to assess the needs of the companies and create beautiful and impactful materials. Whether it’s creating unique and memorable logos, pitch decks or presentations, you’ll be consulting with multiple top caliber startups as your clients over the course of the three month program on their branding and marketing strategy.
- Knowledge that spans visual, graphic and interactive design - brand experience is essential
- Great understanding of content and how to translate it into various visual forms of expression.
- A refined aesthetic sense and can both work inside and expand a company’s vision.
- Experience working in an iterative design environment including giving and receiving feedback.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional design experience or BA/BS degree in a related field.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in United States.
- Currently live in Birmingham, AL or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program.
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,200 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $29 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.