As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
This is a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most Associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
We are looking for a dynamic Videographer and Designer to help the companies in our program communicate mission, impact, and opportunity from the startup perspective. This person will have broad skills across video editing, graphic design, infographic creation, animation, kinetic typography, and video pre & post-production. You should be able to assess the needs of the companies and create beautiful and impactful materials. Whether it’s creating unique and memorable video social media assets, overview videos, and other motion graphics; you will be consulting with multiple top caliber startups as your clients over the course of the three month program.
- Knowledge that spans various forms of visual design and storytelling with a focus on video, motion, and animation.
- Great understanding of content and how to translate it into various visual forms of expression.
- A refined aesthetic sense that can both work inside and expand a company’s vision.
- Experience working in an iterative design environment including giving and receiving feedback.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in the United States.
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.