Location: Ideally London or NYC, other locations possible
Techstars is the platform for global innovation. The mission of our Industry Solutions team and Pathfinder membership program is to partner with companies who are interested in fueling their business growth and achieving innovation goals via activating the startup ecosystem.
Our Industry Solutions team is looking for a Financial Services Practice Lead to develop and manage the industry practice, including thought leadership, service delivery, and business development for our Financial Services practice globally. This is a unique opportunity to use your knowledge of corporate innovation, startup ecosystems and Financial Services to create mutually beneficial connections as you work to evangelize the importance of entrepreneurship around the world.
The Practice lead will be heavily supported by the Industry Solutions engagement management, startup sourcing, and research teams.
What you’ll do
- Serve as the primary Techstars Financial Services network lead, including developing/implementing network activation efforts across the Techstars network, as well as building and enhancing our network in this industry
- Identify trends in the marketplace and recommend product, sales, and delivery strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis
- Drive trend and insight generating and report creation for this industry (with support from the Industry Solutions Engagement Services team)
- Drive solution development – seen as a force for change within the team; identifying pipeline and future prototyping opportunities
- Flagship events – lead and be a visible contributor to both planning, account connection and on-the-day content for key flagship sector events
- This role will be the industry lead cross-functionally across the product, sales, network, and the MD/GM teams
- Ensure strong insight to future direction of the capabilities and technology of the Delivery function to ensure currency and future proofing
- Leverage Techstars services, global expertise and organization to deliver solutions that address the customer’s needs and grow the practice. This individual will partner with leaders and teams within the organization to provide a unified approach across geographies and act as the leader for a unified campaign and sales motion within the practice area.
- Partner with the Regional leaders and Sales to establish go-to-market strategies and implementation plans for the assigned practice area
- Drive sales through executive relationships within key partner organizations. This will be done in close coordination with the Sales team
- Develop and manage influential relationships across partner organizations that enable and sustain appropriate engagement at executive, management and operational levels, to drive customer satisfaction
- Instrumental in pinpointing opportunities for existing and potential partners
- Develop new partnerships as needed to provide a complete capability to successfully sell and deliver solutions and services.
- Ensure quality of deliverables for the Engagement Management and Services team focused on this industry
- Manage practice's professional services revenue, margin, resources and utilization
- Hire, grow and retain a consulting team wholly focused on our clients' success, working closely with the Engagement Management team
- Ensure alignment of consulting team skills to pipeline demand
- Manage and deliver a set of your own projects while building and managing your team
- Conduct periodic client health-checks and project reviews
- Creating an environment of collaboration and knowledge sharing through avenues such as working groups and communities of practices
- Undertake post implementation analysis to facilitate Continual Improvement where required
- Understanding of Financial Services key business issues, market trends and financial drivers
- Strong track record of selling and delivering services/solutions into Financial Services industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, innovation or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of business development or consulting experience within a services organization
- Experience or working in complex, global, matrixed reporting organizations. International experience is a plus
- A passion for customer business outcome based delivery and delivering on transformative projects
- Strong leadership skills, program management abilities, and experience managing and influencing a in a cross cultural environment
- Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to build organizational alignment and gain support for strategies and process
- Have been part of scaling services and support organizations to support the growth of a company
- Managed a large group of services implementation people both directly and indirectly
- Clear operational experience in defining and implementing the process for managing a consulting services implementation organization
- Ability to work at the strategic, operational and tactical levels, understanding how the “pieces fit together” and providing strategic guidance and coaching to accomplish the task
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization without authority
- Strong executive facilitation skills related to strategy development and problem solving
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills on a global basis (including presentations), as well as listening and interpretation skills.
- Willingness to go out of your comfort zone to break new grounds and explore part of your Industry Market with which you are not most familiar
- Decisive and a bias for action. Champion change and help others through change.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.