Community: Tech Ridge Oaks
Address: 400 E Yager Ln, Austin, TX
Add some Passion to your career.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing office functions for the Community and aiding the Executive Director, as well as functioning as the receptionist. This position requires a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are required. The work is highly precise in nature and requires a very strong attention to detail, often in noisy surroundings or with multiple interruptions.
Administrative Assistant Job Profile
- Answering the telephone, transferring calls, recording accurate messages, all while following customer service protocol.
- Greeting all community guests in a professional manner and making all feel welcome.
- Accepting payments and ensuring timely and accurate entry onto resident ledgers.
- Collecting all balances owed to the community in a timely manner.
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing collection plans as needed.
- Maintaining accurate records of all residents and employees, ensuring that all files are complete according to company standards and state regulations and stored properly.
- Entering invoices into accounts payable system timely and accurately after ensuring accuracy of goods purchased.
- Distributing funds as needed, obtaining receipts, counting funds, and preparing weekly petty cash reconciliations.
Administrative Assistant Job Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll.
- High level of ability in effective and succinct written and oral communication with residents, families, staff, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to respect the confidentiality, rights, and privacy of others while being honest, fair, responsible, and dependable.
- Proficiency with maneuvering various computer systems, online platforms, and reporting functions. Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and MS Office is required.
- Strong detail-orientation with proficiency in mathematical reasoning, data entry, and organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
The health and wellness of our residents and employees is a top priority for us. A COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position, in accordance with applicable state and federal guidelines.
Benefits of working at a Civitas Senior Living community:
- Full Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, & More!
- Tuition Reimbursement & Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Recognition Program
- Employee Referral Incentives
- Consistent Schedules with Flexible Time-Off Options
Did you know?
Civitas Senior Living is a Certified™ Great Place to Work! 90% of our employees say that their work has special meaning and that it is not “just a job”.
Our Mission Statement:
Passionate Service. Passionate Cleanliness. Passionate Care.
*As a condition of employment at a Civitas Senior Living community, all new hires will be asked to complete a screening process as required by state regulations. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of this process. Residency within the State that this Community/Location operates in is a condition of employment.