We are looking for a leader and entrepreneurial-minded Senior Dev Ops Engineer to help us create solutions that modernize the industry. This exciting new platform will simplify, automate and facilitate access to financial markets alongside experienced technologists and industry subject matter experts.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team with the urgency of a startup and expertise of an established organization. Along the way, you will learn about the problem space and re-imagine the solutions. We are a flat organization which will afford you the ability to gain access to personnel and resources necessary to execute on your vision. PEAK6 is a privately-held organization focused on delivering long-term value rather than short-term gains. This translates to a focus on bringing solutions for an industry and not bespoke products. Due to the space we innovate in, your products will process billions of transactions per day in real-time and power both startup and established industry participants.
About the Role
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. Lead, manage and shape how we deploy software and have genuine opportunities to impact the firm. This is a role for someone who flourishes in a fast-paced environment, who can work with minimal direction, and has a solid understanding of cloud technologies and Kubernetes.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure the proper design and operation of the new platform
- Provision, configure and monitor technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, and large-scale distributed databases
- Automate infrastructure management and development pipelines with tools like Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins
- Think through hard problems and solve them at all layers of the enterprise
- Ensure disaster recovery solutions are in place, tested and well documented
- Work as a part of a small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, peer reviews and strong engineering practices
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
3+ years of Dev Ops engineering experience
2+ years of exp with Kubernetes in a cloud environment
3+ years exp managing large scale cloud deployment (i.e. AWS, Google Cloud)
A strong sense of reliability, observability and delivering a platform that can always be counted on