Our Fortune 500 retail client is seeking a Senior Android Mobile Engineer for a direct-hire opportunity. If you are interested in making an impact on a newly created team, please apply now!
This team will offer exciting omni-channel features, and build a new suite of apps to make sure their users can delight customers both in store and online.
You’ll make an impact if you:
- have a deep interest and passion for technology
- are a fast learner and have desire to grow
- encourage others to grow and be curious
- are self-driven and motivated to work in a results-driven agile environment
- enjoy taking ownership and delivering on commitment
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What You’ll Do
- Lead development for complex mobile initiatives, including architecting and developing new features, application maintenance and refactoring, and increased performance and automation.
- Define best practices and coding standards across the entire team; review code and provide guidance for other code reviewers participating in our release approval process. Being passionate about test coverage and quality engineering are paramount.
- Use data and metrics to collaboratively drive impactful changes across the application; work closely with product and engineering management to anticipate areas for improvement and investment, and highlight these for inclusion in the team's project roadmap.
- Work with application platforms team to ensure best-in-class development environment and tooling for feature teams, enabling faster and more seamless development of feature work across the platform.
- Frequently interface and interact with quality, UX, back-end/API, product, analytics, and other teams.
- Evaluate other frameworks and libraries for inclusion in our dev process and address key areas of architectural vulnerability across our codebase.
- Though primarily focused on Android, collaborate with iOS and full-stack teams to ensure architecture and solutions are robust and aligned.
- Lead by example; share knowledge, experience, and best practices through mentoring, tech talks, and presentations.
What You’ll Need
- At least 5+ years of professional Android development on publicly available apps.
- At least 7-10 years of professional software development.
- Mastery of Kotlin and Java and an eagerness to share your knowledge with others; a desire to continuously learn as you strive to develop and improve as a team.
- At least 3+ years experience leading teams in a senior capacity (tech lead, architect).
- Knowledge of Material Design, Android UI/UX development, and best practices.
- Hands-on experience integrating applications with REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Intimate knowledge of software design patterns and experience working with different architectures (MVVM, MVC, MVI, etc) and a working knowledge of the advantages, disadvantages, and trade-offs associated with each.
- Agile experience and extensive experience working on an agile development team.
- Familiarity with building e-commerce applications.
- Experience with Jetpack Compose is a plus.
- Hands-on iOS development experience is a plus.
- Back-end development experience in PHP or Java is a plus.
- Functional programming experience is a plus.