What You’ll Do:
- As a Senior Engineer, you’ll be responsible for leading technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within highly ambiguous problem spaces.
- Propose and own initiatives from start to finish while balancing various technical trade offs including speed to delivery, maintainability, system performance and others.
- Become a staple member of engineering by contributing to code reviews, the RFC process and architecture reviews.
- Mentor new hires and other engineers to help them become more proficient by example, tech talks, paired programming, and other avenues to increase technical efficiency across the organization.
What You’ll Need:
- Passion for leading large cross-cutting technical initiatives while becoming a trusted expert in your space.
- Deep expertise in gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements in high ambiguity situations.
- An eagerness to collaborate and work with other teams to achieve the best outcome for the customer.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike.
- Proficient in designing systems at scale, managing relational databases and developing integrations for both internal and external partners. Skilled in the way of effective troubleshooting, debugging and issue resolution techniques.
- 5+ Years of experience as a team/technical lead with 8+ years in web and distributed system development.
- 2+ Years of experience working in decoupled systems using Docker and Kubernetes.
- 2+ Years working with physical retail related software, hardware and on-prem deployments.