We’re looking for a Senior Director of Engineering who will help us lead and expand the engineering organization. We need thoughtful, proactive leaders who support their teams, encourage growth, and drive accountability through results. We also desire those who can balance rapid iteration and development with high product quality expectations and who are innovative and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Management of 5-10 software developers.
- Active involvement in the hiring process, including screening and interviewing candidates.
- Responsibility for helping your reports design, implement, deliver and deliver the features and functionality associated with their services.
- Working with your teams to establish and execute on their OKRs.
- Collaboratively working with business stakeholders to understand their needs to effectively deliver valuable software.
- Implementation of new features and the triaging and fixing of defects.
- Working with the rest of software development, product, and broader business leadership to establish goals, set timelines, and develop budgets for the department.
- Deep understanding of timezones.
- Embracing Agile and, particularly, Scrum to drive continuous process improvement.
- Holding regular one-on-ones with your reports to ensure a constant, confidential communication.
- Most of your work will be leadership and management focused but you will be expected to guide the technology decisions of your team and contribute as needed
- 4+ years of experience managing small to medium software development teams
- 5+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- 10+ years of SaaS or Application development experience
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- AWS EC2, EB, Lambda, SQS, SNS, SES, S3, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, RDS, Redshift
- React, Redux, Sass, D3
- Terraform, Saltstack, Shell
- PostgreSQL, Redshift
- SQLAlchemy, Alembic
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, performance monitoring
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- B.S., in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field