The Senior Lead Engineer role within the Prototype group of Production Design will reside within a team of three engineers that will drive new food-production equipment, systems, and processes projects from conception to implementation. This team of engineers is specifically tasked with developing solutions that can be implemented in the supply chain that can increase the production capacity of restaurants and decrease the complexity for restaurant Team Members. The role specifically is tasked with converting ideas into physical prototypes that can be tested for new food-production equipment, systems, and processes when projects are in the prototype phase of the client's innovation process. When the team's projects are outside the prototype phase, this role is expected to continue to contribute to a project's success by leveraging their unique and versatile abilities to understand complex problems, imagine creative solutions, validate project performance in the client's restaurants, and collaborate with a larger project team to launch solutions that deliver business value to the organization.
This role will be heavily involved in influencing our equipment suppliers in the specification, design, development, testing, validation and approval of equipment for cooking, processing, and hot and cold holding. A chief contribution will be to utilize disciplined principles of engineering analysis, problem-solving and innovative design. Position must be able to understand current state-of-the art equipment designs and apply innovative, forward-thinking design initiative prior to the need being explicitly stated or identified. This role is also expected to be an influencer within the client to help direct the organization through innovative concepts and communicate their applications in the context of menu and operational strategies.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Aerospace)
- 5 years of engineering work experience
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership to mentor peers
- Ability to work with wide latitude for unreviewed action or decision on most outcomes
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Advanced project management skills demonstrated
- Excellent communication, relational, and team skills to enable interaction with restaurant team members, as well as corporate peers and leaders
- Knowledge to produce and maintain technical specification documents on both process and equipment improvement opportunities
- Experience leading cross-functional teams that include both technical and non-technical aptitudes
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative tests and experiments to validate ideas and theories
- Experience with and an aptitude toward work involving applied research to explore and define technically vague concepts with the ability to apply them to executable projects