tech co. is a platform for advocates to create, power, and cultivate communities at local and national levels. We provide mobilization and data tools to non-profits, issue advocacy groups, electoral groups, and corporate social impact teams. tech co. is building on the foundation of products including Organizer, Crowdskout, and other existing tools and products. We are building capabilities that live beyond a 4-year election cycle, and outside of a traditional "Red/Blue" partisan paradigm.
tech co. is looking for a Principal Data Engineer to build out our expanding data infrastructure. Crowdskout’s product has most recently been centered in the CRM space, but we are looking to change that. Currently, we process millions of data points through multiple data pipelines to feed into a suite of databases. We are preparing for 10x growth both in the volume of data processed and the speed in which that data can be available and actionable. To accomplish this we are looking for someone who can build out highly scalable data solutions.
If you are highly motivated, super passionate about democracy, and want to join a close-knit team that is looking to build great things together, tech.co may be for you. This is a full-time position in Durham, NC; Salt Lake City, UT; Austin TX; Sacramento, CA; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; New York City, NY, or Remote.
- Ownership of the design and delivery of key components of a large scale data platform
- Provide thought leadership in data infrastructure, database design, data governance and operations
- Provide day to day technical guidance and mentoring to a tight-knit group of highly talented data engineers
- 10+ years of experience overall, 3+ years as a Principal, Senior or Lead Data Engineer
- Demonstrable architecture, design and development skills on a few different large scale data platform implementations
- Strong SQL experience (any flavor)
- Strong experience building large scale streaming and batch data pipelines (e.g. Python, Java), with focus on performance, accuracy, reliability, traceability
- Strong experience building out data warehouse and/or data lake infrastructure
- Strong experience with data modeling and physical database design
- Strong experience using Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark, Presto, Kafka)
- Strong experience with SQL & NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Experience on the AWS data stack (e.g. Lambda, Kinesis, Glue, RDS, Athena, Redshift etc.)
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD pipelines and automated testing
- Experience implementing data governance tools and best practices
- Experience implementing data security best practices (e.g. data encryption, tokenization, masking)
- Experience with Graph databases (e.g: Neo4j, Neptune)
- Software development using PHP / Laravel
- Experience designing and building microservices (REST, GraphQL)
tech co. is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity across all spectrums in its hiring, without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. With that being said, we wouldn't be able to accommodate candidates in need of work sponsorship at this time since we are a small company. If you find this role interesting and you hit on the elements above, please apply!