Please note that applications for our Summer 2018 program are now closed. We are now accepting applications for our 2019 program on a rolling basis.
Since you were a kid, sports have been your life. Entering the workforce doesn’t mean your passion for sport has to be a thing of the past. Teamworks Academy will give you the chance to make a difference in the lives of athletes and impact the teams you know and love.
Teamworks Academy was created exclusively for newly graduated student-athletes to help you make the transition to the professional world. As a TW Academy recruit you will work with the team, learning valuable professional skills to help you further your career within Teamworks.
About Our Program
We invest heavily in TW Academy recruits to help you make an impact from day one and set you on a growth path to higher levels within our organization. This is your opportunity to expand your knowledge of business within the sports industry. You will exit the TW Academy with deep knowledge of customer support & service, Teamworks product experience, professional development, training in the next level of position within the Customer Success position.
Our program offers:
- A full-time, salaried position with benefits
- Real-work experience - you will do the work of a customer support associate and train for promotion into a product success position, the next step on the Customer Success team.
- A 6-12 month wellness program which provides both personal and professional development on how to be the most optimal you in the workplace. This includes your commitment to physical fitness, healthy eating, mindfulness, daily structure, and a positive attitude. This program will teach you how to align your professional and personal life to get the most out of your work experience while enjoying your life.
- Life skills development - organizational skills, time management and prioritization in the workplace, communication, professional dress, business acumen, public speaking and presentation skills.
- A culture of innovation - you will be empowered to find something that’s not working, design a way to do it better, and propose your idea to those around you including co-workers, cross departmentally, and senior leadership for implementation.
Foundation for Growth
The keys to success for a new recruit are being open to learning, going above and beyond at every turn, and taking responsibility for yourself and your career success. This program will teach you the skills needed to be productive in the work environment, make sound judgment with time management & organization, and challenge you to look for improved ways to impact customers. The individuals that will be the most successful in the Academy don’t give up and are constantly exceeding the day-to-day expectations for the role. To move into other parts of our Customer Success Organization you need to be open to acting on consistent feedback, challenging yourself to learn the product, customers, and industry we serve, and exceeding the goals defined for your growth. You must be constantly upholding the Teamworks Core Values, including Honesty, Humility, Hard Work, Commitment, Exceptionalism, and Innovation.
Main Responsibilities of the TW Academy Recruit
- Become an expert in the Teamworks platform.
- Assist in driving customer satisfaction through coordinating and managing our customer service support line, requiring direct interaction with clients via phone or email.
- Resolve customer inquiries in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Support the Customer Success team by fulfilling technical requests (e.g. form conversions, ticket submission, data uploads, account configuration, etc.).
- Handle highly sensitive information and uphold/enforce all data security measures to ensure all information is protected.
- Serve as liaison between the Customer Success team, Development and Sales to ensure all customer needs are being met for accounts.
- Collaborate internally to problem solve, enhance company culture and customer experience.
- Quickly learn athletic operations management and develop an understanding of the customer’s environment.
What We're Looking For
- Student-athletes who have graduated in the last two years (OR) recent grads who were heavily involved in their university athletic programs.
- Self-starters that are excited to be challenged in the workplace.
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Passion for helping people, the athletic industry, and solving problems.
- Ambition to continually grow and learn.
- Dedication to the going above and beyond to delight our customers in every interaction. The ability to relate to the customer, provide a timely response to their needs, use good judgement, and act with empathy where needed.
- Commitment to working non-traditional work hours. Recruits will work rotating monthly schedules that will often include holidays, nights, weekends, early morning, as well as regular business hours.
- The desire to bring your A-game everyday to achieve your goals and earn the opportunity to move to the next level in your Teamworks' career.
- Tenacity and Grit - Call it what you want but a great work ethic and a willingness to do what needs to be done (not take short cuts) are key skills to delighting our customers and fulfilling the Teamworks mission.
- Team Player! (Enough said.)
The Application Process
TW Academy has openings twice annually at our HQ in Durham, NC. We are now accepting applications for winter 2019 and summer 2019 on a rolling basis.
1. Submit your application and complete the short-answer essay questions.
2. You will be emailed an aptitude assessment that you will have 72 hours to complete. This test measures critical thinking, problem-solving and your ability to learn new information as well as behavioral patterns and traits that are indicative of workplace performance.
3. Following strong performance on the aptitude assessment, you will be sent a real-world example of a customer email. We will ask you to respond in writing to the customer's challenge.
4. Come to our office to meet our team, learn more about TW Academy, and interview in person! If you are not local, we will conduct this session over video chat.
5. If you make it to step five, congratulations! We want YOU to be part of TW Academy. We will send you an offer and review benefits, compensation and what to expect upon starting.