- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define features and specifications
- Visual/UI design for both mobile and web
- Create intuitive UX artifacts such as wireframes, workflows, prototypes and interactions
- Develop and maintain a living style guide with our product, engineering and customer success teams to create consistency throughout our mobile and web applications
- Translate feature requests and user feedback into a well-thought-out design
- Conduct user research
- Continue to learn and add to your UX skill set
- 5+ years of visual design experience
- 2+ years of UX or product design on both mobile and web applications
- 1+ year of experience in Sketch (we use Sketch often so really need someone with experience here)
- 1+ year of prototype experience in Invision or similar tool
- Able to deliver across the entire design process including but not limited to design thinking, user research, interaction, prototyping, conceptual models, and visual design
- Understanding of how UX design fits into Agile
- Must be confident and comfortable presenting ideas and designs
- Proactive and independent thinker that can handle a fast-paced and evolving priorities
- Open-minded and collaborative teammate (we’re super into the “team” thing here)
- High-energy start-up culture
- Direct impact on the workflows of major collegiate, professional, and commercial athletic organizations
- Work with an exciting and diverse set of technologies and clients
- We Get Sh*t Done
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Very Generous Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance Offered
- Company-Paid Life Insurance Policy and Optional Critical Illness & Accident Policies
- Health Reimbursement Account and Optional FSA & DCFSA
- Company-Paid Gym Membership
- Company Match 401(k)
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- Downtown Durham Office located blocks from many restaurants, bars, and entertainment facilities
- Company-Paid parking, conveniently located by our office
- Weekly Company Culture Events
More About the Position:
Teamworks is looking for a UX Designer with current strengths in the areas of visual design and UI design while looking to grow in learning lean UX research methods, information architecture, and more. There are lots of ways to stretch yourself at our sports tech company!
One of our high priority projects is building a new design system for our website and app platform. We’ll need your help to identify design patterns, then design the interactions and skin. You’ll be part of a core team who will do all the research, design, and implementation. You’ll work alongside stakeholders and other team members to design how the product will work and behave.
More About Teamworks:
Our web and mobile apps are used by tens of thousands of the most elite coaches and athletes in the world. We help these teams improve their communication and operations so they can focus on winning. We serve all kinds of people—from the 18-year-old first-generation college athlete to the 65-year-old coach of a championship-winning pro team. You will be directly involved in crafting their experience of our product each day!
User-centered design is an essential part of our organization, and we have a regular research cadence and focus on understanding users. We have a UX designer and are actively building out our personas and customer journeys with the help of other supportive departments. We use Agile principles to help us guide our product development and are incorporating Lean elements to help us move quickly. However, we’re young enough that lots of our processes and ideas are new or in development—there’s still time for you to have impact as we sort out the best way to be an efficient and effective user-centered design software company.
We have a working business model and strategy that has proven to be solid. You’ll find our benefits package is superior to other startups and even a lot of larger corporations with health, dental, unlimited PTO benefits, and more. We are located smack in the middle of downtown Durham. You can walk to the YMCA to enjoy your free gym membership and try out many tasty local restaurants with your colleagues here.
What to Expect Next:
Our hiring process includes the following steps:
- Pre-Employment Aptitude & Personality Screening
- Written essays (max of 750 words) used to gauge communication skills and alignment with Teamworks' Core Values
- Cultural Interview with a Teamworks veteran to assess cultural fit
- Minimum of one phone screen with the Hiring Manager comprised of behavorial interview questions and an opportunity for you to ask questions about the position
- Minimum of one in-house interview with the Hiring Team
We believe that there is nothing more critical to our success than assembling the right team. At Teamworks, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with a team dedicated to our core values of honesty, humility, exceptionalism, hard-work, and commitment. We believe we are building something great and if you believe the same thing, please apply below if you are ready to the join the #TeamworksFamily.
The Fine Print
This position is in Durham, NC. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Teamworks is an equal opportunity employer. This position is Full Time. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Teamworks participates in the E-Verify program. Our applicant tracking system, Greenhouse, will send automated emails throughout the hiring process. Please ensure that you have whitelisted teamworks.com and greenhouse.io with your email provider and check your SPAM folder regularly to avoid any missed communications.