Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a Major Gift Officer (South Branch). The Major Gift Officer (South Branch) will play an integral role in helping Team Rubicon’s Development Department meet its annual fundraising goal. This will require applying superior relationship-building skills, mature judgement, strategic thinking and tactics, and excellent writing abilities. The Major Gift Officer will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of individuals, family foundations, and Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) capable of making gifts of $25,000 and above to support Team Rubicon’s mission. This person will create strategies for existing supporters, as well as new prospects, and work closely with the Director of Individual Giving and TR Leadership to move prospects along the continuum of giving to successfully achieve a large and aggressive annual budget goal over the next few years.
Every day will be a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TR’s Director of Individual Giving and can be based remotely in Texas (Dallas, Houston, or Austin) or Georgia (Atlanta), or Florida (Miami or Tampa).
- Develop a portfolio of prospects from existing donors, prospects and event attendees and others, with a goal of managing a portfolio of approximately 100-150 prospects
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects for gifts of $25,000 and above (revenue goals will be established annually by the Director with input from the entire Development team)
- Strategize with the director, senior leadership, and fellow development staff on the appropriate engagement of donors, prospects, and volunteers
- Strategize with Senior Associate, Donor Relations to establish world class stewardship for donors and prospects
- Coordinate and collaborate with local branch staff on current operations and funding initiatives and with other teams and departments to fulfill project goals
- Identify organizational needs, innovations and other funding opportunities that would appeal to appropriate donors
- Serve as primary fundraiser for the events located in their geographic region, collaborating with the Events Associate to coordinate event logistics
- Responsible for data integrity of managed prospects in CRM including updating all personal information, keeping actions and proposals up to date, ensuring pledge reminders are sent, and all notable information is recorded following department guidelines
Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years of a proven track record of success in major gift fundraising for a non-profit
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse populations, and demonstrated success in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting donors
- Understand best practices of Major Gift fundraising, including portfolio management and cultivation strategies.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred as well as Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Full-time, salary, exempt
- $82,000 – $103,000
- This is a full time, remote, and the position can be based out of the following locations: Texas, Georgia, and Florida and provides a flexible & non-traditional work schedule (relocation expenses not provided); preference for major cities such as Dallas, Houston, Austin, Miami, Tampa, or Atlanta
- Some evening and weekend schedule participating in all Development Special Events, as well as cultivation and stewardship events
- Non-Local Travel: This role will require 30% across multiple geographic locations spanning the South Branch including Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Florida, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Must be within an hour of a major airport
- Mission First, Greyshirt Always: Anyone joining TR must understand that our mission to provide disaster response comes first
- Step into the Arena: TR needs leaders who aren’t afraid to dare to be great
- Everyone Has A Role Know It: Ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment and solve problems in the face of ambiguity
- GSD: We are entrepreneurial, resourceful and determined no matter how chaotic the situation
- Change Your Socks: We take care of ourselves and each other so we are best equipped to serve those in greatest need
- Adults Only: Every team member is an adult until proven otherwise
- Your Mother’s A Donor: Every leader must be committed to fiduciary responsibility, transparency and financial stewardship
Perks of the Team:
- Professional development, leadership development and events/conferences
- 100% company-paid health benefits for employees and their dependents
- Matching 401k contributions up to 4%
- Annual 5‐day National Leadership Conference
- Paid time off to volunteer with the non-profit of your choice
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Generous holiday schedule (including a paid week off between winter holidays)
- Holiday parties
The health of our staff and volunteers is a top priority for Team Rubicon. We require all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation. If you are not willing to be vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless Team Rubicon approves a valid exemption and reasonable accommodation for qualifying religious or medical reasons (or for other categories protected by applicable law). This policy is intended to comply with all state and local laws, including all applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
Learn more about Team Rubicon: