Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our hardworking, fun-loving and forward-thinking Creative team.
In this role, you will focus on supporting the development of weapons-grade storytelling creative for our stakeholders, serving volunteer communications leaders across the country, fulfilling requests from TR’s partners, and for integrated marketing campaigns and collateral.
The ability to capture and push Team Rubicon’s visual identity forward will be imperative to meet the needs of a rapidly growing international disaster response organization.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TR’s Deputy Director, Brand and Creative and is based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters. Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Serve as a creative resource for the marketing and communications team; and partner with colleagues from other areas of the organization
- Develop and participate in creative concepting and execution across a wide range of work from: online and offline fundraising, brand awareness, volunteer recruitment, training courses, and events
- Assist the team in refreshing and extending brand standards and design templates
- Provide art direction to junior graphic designers (contract and/or FTE)
- Help manage vendor relationships, gather production estimates, and review art proofs
- Design for a number of mediums, including but not limited to print, digital, large-scale, and apparel
- Provide creative oversight and input on event design and experience
- Interface with outside agencies to provide assets and specs
Experience and Background:
- Seven years experience of professional experience working in a creative environment (e.g., ad agency, in-house creative team, startup marketing)
- Ability to multi-task on several projects simultaneously
- Advanced in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and project management skills
- Experience with integrated marketing campaigns that include concept development/creative strategy, photo & video shoots, website content, email creative, digital ads, website creative, print, and other media
- Familiarity with team-based project management software (e.g., Asana, Project, Basecamp) and digital asset management tools
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with exceptional time-management skills
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Full-time, salary, exempt
- Professional Competency, Graphic Designer: demonstrated passion for graphic design with a track record of career progression in the field
- Built To Serve: authentic connection to Team Rubicon’s culture and mission, as demonstrated by empathy for others and a track record of service
- Resilience & Adaptability: ability to successfully navigate a busy department, high-growth environment, and solve problems in the face of ambiguity and constant change
- Trust & Respect: respect and inclusiveness. High openness to feedback; respect for the opinions and differences of others; and a tendency to always assume the positive intent of others
- Cultivates Innovation: Pushes the status quo: moves beyond the traditional ways of doing things, coming up with useful ideas that are new, better or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at problems (old and new). Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation, building excitement in others to explore creative options. Moves ideas into implementation
- Balances Stakeholders: Understand internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations and needs. Balances the (sometimes competing) interests of multiple stakeholders, maintaining frequent interactions with a broad network. Considers cultural, ethical and global factors in the decision-making process. Takes a proactive approach to shape and influence stakeholder expectations. Serves as liaison between multiple groups of stakeholders and effectively aligns their interests
Perks of the Team:
- Professional development, leadership development and events/conferences
- 100% company-paid health benefits for employees and their dependents
- Matching 401k contributions up to 4%
- Annual 5‐day National Leadership Conference
- Paid time off to volunteer with the non-profit of your choice
- Time off normal work duties to directly support a disaster with Team Rubicon
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Generous holiday schedule (including a paid week off between winter holidays)
- Holiday parties
Learn more about Team Rubicon: