Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a Deputy Director of Learning & Insights to join our fast paced capabilities development team. This role requires an obsession with how people learn, how insights can catalyze improvements for Team Rubicon and how it can be implemented to better help those who are affected by disaster.
If you think this might be you, keep reading.
The environment we work in is ever changing. We’re experiencing significant growth and expanding our capabilities (services) and the tempo in which we deliver them around the world.
This role will oversee two teams (training content development and insights). The teams this role leads are lean but wield the ability to work across the organization to generate better solutions than it could in its own silo. This means you will excel in a lean environment and know how to leverage influence rather than authority. You will be an incredible listener and a persuasive communicator. You will find people (both volunteers and the employees you will work with) endlessly fascinating and strive to understand their motivations. You will be driven to improve all attributes of our member’s learning experience and translate insights into recommendations to improve Team Rubicon capabilities.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TR’s Corey Eide, Capabilities Development and is based out of our Los Angeles, CA, National Headquarters Office and/or Team Rubicon National Operations Center (NOC), Grand Prairie, Texas.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Training Content Development
- Responsible for casting a progressive vision for Team Rubicon’s theoretical and practical approach to learning
- Oversee the development cycle of new training content (both online and in person)
- Oversee the refinement process of all training content
- Collaborating closely with the in person Training Execution, Marketing and Communications, and Tech teams, to provide insights into the learning milestones of all member pathways
- Get technical and develop specifications in concert with the Regional Operations, Training Content Development, and Tech teams to keep the volunteer management system fresh and up to date with new content (e.g. guidance, messaging, micro-learning, etc.)
- Oversee the monitoring and analysis of all feedback systems (course satisfaction surveys, member deployment surveys, client surveys, partner surveys, and other feedback mechanisms to ensure action is taken for continuous improvement.
- Oversee, design, and support, recurring analytics of TR capabilities and operational KPIs for use in monthly stakeholder reports, ad-hoc analysis, etc.
- Oversee longitudal studies of the impact of TR’s capabilities on its clients and the impact of service for TR members.
- Support the Capabilities Research and Development team with continuous improvement of TR capabilities
- Oversee coordination with academic partners conducting research in partnership with Team Rubicon
- Responsible for publication of insights reports and yet to be developed insight products
- Support the creation of member journeys in coordination with the Regional Operations, MarComms, and Tech teams.
- At all moments, be the advocate for our clients (people affected by disaster) and the member (volunteers who are our agents of the mission)
- Serve as a liaison to other volunteer based organizations and industry conveners
- Consummate professional. This means operating with interpersonal savviness, mindfulness of cultures and operates in a pleasant manner.
- Instructional design of online and in person learning content
- Thrives in cross-functional teams
- Strong project management chops and doesn’t hold any one methodology too tightly
- Design minded to include human centered design, journey mapping, and incentive strategies
- Administration of Team Rubicon’s learning management systems (LMS) Cornerstone on Demand (CSOD)
- Analytics-based decision-making where success is measured in terms of growth, conversion, engagement and analysis of volunteer learning activity
- Statistical analysis strongly desired
Experience and Background:
- 5-7 years of experience in learning and development (experience in higher education program development, or monitoring and evaluation)
- Direct experience in data analytics or overseeing teams that provide analytics support.
- Familiarity in publishing in various formats, Microsoft, Articulate, Adobe, etc.
- Experience working with veteran communities strongly desired
- 3-5 years of experience of supervisory experience
- Familiarity with academic research and publishing a significant plus
- Results-oriented, solutions-oriented, self-starter with track record of excellent results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in administering learning management systems (Experience with CSOD a plus)
- This role is based in the headquarters office in Los Angeles but may be considered for location out of the National Operations Center in Grand Prairie, Texas
- This role requires deployment to disaster operations 1-2 times a year
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Built To Serve: authentic connection to Team Rubicon’s culture and mission, as demonstrated by empathy for others and a track record of service
- Resilience & Adaptability: ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and solve problems in the face of ambiguity and constant change
- Trust & Respect: respect and inclusiveness. High openness to feedback; respect for the opinions and differences of others; and a tendency to always assume the positive intent of others
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Engages and listens to others, adjusting communication style to fit the audience and message. Delivers messages in a clear, compelling and tactful manner, and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics, building rapport relating comfortably with people across teams, functions, cultures and levels.