Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to join our hardworking, fun-loving and forward-thinking creative team. The right person can identify modern design trends while adhering to classic design aesthetics and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty. Technical proficiency isn’t a problem and you have your eyes on the latest and greatest technology to create meaningful work. You’re passionate about contributing to those in need and doing your absolute best.
In this role, you will work on a highly creative marketing team that’s sole purpose is to apply meaningful stories and experiences to new mediums to evolve with a growing audience.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TR’s Sr. Associate, Graphic Designer and is based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters.
Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Ability to work with a given creative direction and effectively maintain brand standards across all channels to create awesome work
- Demonstrated ability to be as organized as humanly possible
- Stellar communication skills and experience with creative reviews, troubleshooting and managing feedback from multiple stakeholders
- You will work with senior management to create bold presentation work in addition to the creative team
- Extensive knowledge of a constantly evolving social media landscape to create stunning work
Experience and Background
- 2+ years experience in a design based role
- Design-led degree or an equivalent qualification
- Must know Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Microsoft Office backwards and forwards (any experience with movement is a huge plus)
- Must have an extremely strong sense of typography and design
- Attention to detail is a must
- Professional Competency in Graphic Design: deep, technical proficiency in job function and knowledge of industry/trends. Always learning and improving
- Authentic Passion for Service: service above self is the driving force behind Team Rubicon. Our actions are characterized by the constant pursuit to prevent or alleviate human suffering, and to restore hope and dignity to people on their worst day. No matter what your role, passion for service is fundamental to success at TR
- Resilience & Adaptability: ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and solve problems in the face of ambiguity and constant change
- Trust & Respect: respect and inclusiveness. High openness to feedback; respect for the opinions and differences of others; and a tendency to always assume the positive intent of others
- Leadership: guides, motivates, inspires and develops others - simultaneously balancing the needs of the organization with getting the best out of people
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Engages and listens to others, adjusting communication style to fit the audience and message. Delivers messages in a clear, compelling and tactful manner and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Picks up on interpersonal group dynamics, building rapport relating comfortably with people across teams, functions, cultures and levels.
- Effective Work Habits: Reliable and dependable, adheres to procedure, values trust and independent work.
- Quality of Work: Freedom from errors and mistakes, and ability to consistently meet objectives.
- Cultivates Innovation: Pushes the organization beyond traditional ways of doing things, introducing new ways of looking at problems, encouraging diverse thinking, and building excitement in others to explore, implement and adopt innovation.
- Empathy: Keen ability to sense others’ feelings, understand how they see things, pick up on social cues, and take an active interest in the concerns of others. Gets along with and engages others and creates positive social experiences.