Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a Coordinator, Logistics, to join our hardworking, fun-loving and forward-thinking Logistics team. The right person is a detail-oriented number cruncher and a fleet management wizard. You are passionate about logistics, organization, and fleet management.
In this role, you will be accountable for resources both leaving and incoming to the Logistics Hub and ensuring the warehouse resources are kept at optimal levels to support all events Nationwide. You will also support maintenance, utilization, and deployment of Team Rubicon’s key logistical assets.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a chance. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TR’s Sr. Associate, Operational Logistics, and is based out of our National Operations Center (NOC) in Grand Prairie, TX. Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Coordinate reverse logistics of supplies returned to the NOC after disaster operations
- Organize and maintain a safe, process-driven NOC warehouse to facilitate efficient operational support
- Make warehouse storage decisions based on value-add / non-value-add analysis
- Maintains insurance policies and vehicle records
- Track vehicle movements (owned and rentals, transfers, leases)
- Prepare maintenance and repair schedules for fleet of vehicles, trailers, and other equipment
- Monitor repair and maintenance costs and take an active role in developing policies to ensure the most cost-effective management of the fleet
- Monitor fuel consumption and investigate any discrepancies
- Support true asset management not only at the Operations center, but also as far down as the city level.
- Support the shipment of assets and the completion of other tasks as needed
Experience and Background:
- Associate Degree or commensurate experience in Logistics required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 1+ years’ logistics, manufacturing, production or general transportation experience
- 2+ years of making shit happen in the military, emergency management, or social impact space
- Experience in warehousing operations preferred
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Strong computer skills required
- Professional Competency, in Fleet Management: demonstrated passion for Logistics with a track record of career progression in the field.
- Built To Serve: authentic connection to Team Rubicon’s culture and mission, as demonstrated by empathy for others and a track record of service
- Resilience & Adaptability: ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and solve problems in the face of ambiguity and constant change
- Trust & Respect: respect and inclusiveness. High openness to feedback; respect for the opinions and differences of others; and a tendency to always assume the positive intent of others
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Engages and listens to others, adjusting communication style to fit the audience and message. Delivers messages in a clear, compelling and tactful manner, and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics, building rapport relating comfortably with people across teams, functions, cultures and levels.
- Manages Conflict: Diplomatic; sees conflicts as opportunities. Works out tough agreements and settles disputes equitably, finding common ground and acceptable alternatives. Settles differences in productive ways, minimizing disruption.
- Effective Work Habits: Reliable and dependable, adheres to procedure, values trust and independent work.
- Cultivates Innovation: Pushes the organization beyond traditional ways of doing things, introducing new ways of looking at problems, encouraging diverse thinking, and building excitement in others to explore, implement and adopt innovation.
- Plans & Aligns: Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals. Breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions, stages activities with milestones and schedules, anticipates obstacles and sets contingency plans.