Teampay is an entirely new way to manage spend, giving you proactive controls and real-time visibility - without slowing down your employees. With Teampay's distributed spend management platform, you can manage all types of purchasing, made by anyone, from end-to-end. Employees love the effortless experience, and Finance teams can breathe easy knowing that all spending is pre-coded & pre-approved.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing key operational initiatives that drive efficient execution across Teampay. You are the catalyst that enables functional teams to excel, and orchestrates coordination in a way that 1+1=3. This includes setting and measuring goals, creating accountability for results, identifying communication bottlenecks, driving transparency and visibility, and establishing best-practices for consistent, reliable execution.
The Head of Business Operations is responsible for running and scaling Teampay’s day-to-day operations. This individual will have an obsession with operational excellence, while still maintaining the agility required in a hyper-growth startup. You will also have a passion for data, KPIs, data insights and turning those insights into actionable items.
Professional Experience/Background To Be Successful In This Role
- Identify, scope and drive multiple critical projects concurrently and company-wide initiatives for Teampay
- Lead/facilitate cross functional teams to deliver results, driving recommendations to execution
- Communicate findings and make recommendations from initiatives to senior management
- Leverage data and insight to drive decision making and acceleration of growth reporting, metrics and KPI
- Improve the team’s planning and goal-setting processes, running them across the team and company while also continuously evolving their designs to match the needs of the business
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role)
- 5-7+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Business Operations or a similar strategic function. Experience in SaaS, or Financial Technology (FinTech) space a plus
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a bias towards action who can thrive in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, high-growth environment
- Ability to think strategically with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute / operationalize the plan in collaboration with other teams
- Skilled generalist who can quickly ramp up on new topics, build credibility across teams, and actionize strategic recommendations
- Experience leading cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders in a rapidly scaling business
- Experience Managing a small team
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, experience with presenting to executive leadership
- Strong business acumen and analytical mindset with ability to identify metrics and data to back up strategy, programs and ideas. Experience in Strategic Planning or management of goal setting processes a plus
Expected Outcomes in first 90 days
- Establish working team for 1-2 key initiatives, identifying deliverables, timing, and KPIs by which we will measure success within 30 days
- Demonstrate a deep grasp of Teampay’s strategy, capabilities, products, and competitive landscape within 90 days
- Partner with COO to establish company-wide operating cadence, resulting in launch of goal setting process within 90 days
You'll love working at Teampay if...
You're a builder. You're passionate about crafting things that matter. You're curious and agile in thought and action. You value authenticity and possess a strong work ethic. You're empathetic and look forward to learning from people unlike yourself. You want to make an impact with a strong team. You look for challenges that force you to grow. You rarely miss a detail and always learn from your mistakes. You have diverse interests outside of work, but are ready to pitch in and be responsive when the pressure is on.
If you decide to work at Teampay, you’ll get benefits and perks like these:
- Healthcare premiums 100% covered for employees and 50% covered for dependents.
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- One Medical membership for all employees.
- FSA or HSA programs available.
- Pet Insurance for employee’s pets.
- Citibike membership for all employees.
- 401k Program with employer match on contributions.
- Annual Training and Development budget for all employees.
- Access to an office space in lower Manhattan.
- Yearly stipend for remote work setup.
- Fun and educational events for all employees, offered both virtually and in-person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.