Teampay is an entirely new way to manage spend, giving you proactive controls and real-time visibility - without slowing down your employees. With Teampay's distributed spend management platform, you can manage all types of purchasing, made by anyone, from end-to-end. Employees love the effortless experience, and Finance teams can breathe easy knowing that all spending is pre-coded & pre-approved.
About the role
The Financial Controller will oversee the company’s accounting function, ensuring that records are compliant and accurately kept. This individual will be responsible for streamlining accounting processes and internal controls as we scale. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, this role will work closely with senior management to develop strategic financial plans. The ideal candidate has a background in accounting, strong communication skills, and is technologically savvy. If you’re eager to learn and excited to work in a high-growth organization, you’ll love this opportunity.
What you will do
- Supervise accounting operations, including general ledger functions, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Establish robust internal control processes and financial reporting systems based on generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements
- Support the VP of Finance to develop budgets, forecasts, and other financial analysis for senior management, shareholders, and auditors
- Build out, manage, and develop the accounting team
- Lead the implementation of systems to streamline and automate accounting systems
- Collaborate with IT to integrate the new ERP with accounting systems and existing business applications
- Stay updated with future legislation about tax and operations to ensure compliance
- Track and manage cash flow and working capital
- Engage and collaborate with non-finance staff to build relationships across business departments
- Improve the process of collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
- Build and manage the relationship with external auditors to ensure compliance with auditing requirements and standards
- Select audit firm and manage Teampay's first external audit process in 2022
- Experience developing GAAP financial statements
- Experience working with auditors
- SaaS accounting operations experience, including SaaS revenue recognition (ASC 606). Familiarity of b2b payments is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of balance sheets and cash flow
- Experience working with a fast-growing tech startup
- Experience implementing new systems (ERP, AR, AP, etc)
- Familiarity with QBO. Netsuite experience is a plus
- Leadership skills with evidence of developing accounting team members
- Strong communication skills with a track record of communicating complex financial information
- CPA, and bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting/finance preferred
You'll love working at Teampay if...
You're a builder. You're passionate about crafting things that matter. You're curious and agile in thought and action. You value authenticity and possess a strong work ethic. You're empathetic and look forward to learning from people unlike yourself. You want to make an impact with a strong team. You look for challenges that force you to grow. You rarely miss a detail and always learn from your mistakes. You have diverse interests outside of work, but are ready to pitch in and be responsive when the pressure is on.
If you decide to work at Teampay, you’ll get benefits and perks like these:
- Healthcare premiums 100% covered for employees and 50% covered for dependents.
- One Medical membership for all employees.
- FSA or HSA programs available.
- Pet Insurance for employee’s pets.
- Citibike membership for all employees.
- 401k Program with employer match on contributions.
- Annual Training and Development budget for all employees.
- Access to an office space in lower Manhattan.
- One-time stipend for remote work setup.
- Fun and educational events for all employees, offered both virtually and in-person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.