Blind is an anonymous community of over 7M verified, working professionals where people can talk honestly about work. These genuine and transparent conversations are what sets us apart from other services like LinkedIn. Our mobile app is used by tech workers on a daily basis to connect with peers across the industry or their coworkers. It’s often considered a lifeline for those seeking information and advice - especially lately with all the news about layoffs - and we believe we can build the largest community for professionals to help each other with some of their toughest personal and professional challenges.
We are looking for an experienced product designer to help us evolve the user experience and design systems for our recruiting products whether it’s sourcing candidates, filtering applicants, or helping recruiters make that first contact. There are so many possibilities for where we can take the product next, so we need an expert designer to help us visualize what the possibilities could look like and help us deliver the prioritized set of experiences. Because our product and community is unlike any other, we are open to a wide range of inspirations and adaptations to deliver continued innovation.
- Develop and drive new strategies along with product managers, engineers, and analytics
- Identify user needs, test ideas through research, and refine designs with feedback
- Sketch, prototype, and design elegant solutions for various b2b experiences
- Document detailed interaction models, UI specifications, and design patterns
- Clearly communicate how your solutions address business goals, user needs, and technical constraints through effective storytelling
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence
- 5+ years of experience with large scale B2B or consumer products with millions of users
- Bachelor's degree in design, product, other related fields or equivalent work experience
- Deep product and systems thinker who loves untangling complex problems and is able to think about product & engineering implications and community nuances
- Strong ability and passion to deliver universal designs that can scale not just across platforms but also internationally and across user types
- Ability to work cross functionally with PMs and engineers to develop and build design solutions within technical constraints
- Significant experience with A/B testing, mobile design, and development processes
- Broad online portfolio showing compelling and quality designs as well as a track record of driving business results and product evolution
- Self-starter who thrives in a highly creative, fast-paced environment
- Subject area expertise with recruiting or candidate sourcing products
- Strong focus / experience with building complex b2b design solutions
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments where design will sometimes lead product thinking up front
- Understands how to leverage and add into design systems within a broader team. This includes testing / creation of new components and interaction patterns
Blind's minimum cash compensation salary range for this role in the US is $140,000.00 to $170,000.00 USD per year. This salary range includes compensation for multiple job levels. Your job level will be based on an assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask about to understand in more detail. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors. Salary is just one component of our total rewards package for employees at Blind. Total rewards include equity, medical, dental, and vision coverage, a flexible PTO policy, parental leave, stipends for WFH and L&D, and other region-specific benefits.
Blind is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to bringing transparency to the workplace, and we actively work to hire and retain the best-qualified people regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status by federal, state, or local laws. Individuals with disabilities or special needs can request accommodation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org