Blind is an anonymous community of over 7M verified, working professionals where people can talk honestly about work. These genuine and transparent conversations are what sets us apart from other services like LinkedIn. Our mobile app is used by tech workers on a daily basis to connect with peers across the industry or their coworkers. It’s often considered a lifeline for those seeking information and advice - especially lately with all the news about layoffs - and we believe we can build the largest community for professionals to help each other with some of their toughest personal and professional challenges.
- Build, test, and release highly scalable web applications and APIs
- Own and drive the development of key product features and technologies
- Collaborate with our QA and Customer Success teams to resolve production issues
- Constantly scale our codebase and infrastructure with DevOps engineers
- Mentor other engineers and play a vital role in hiring to build a world-class engineering team
- 8+ years of experience in building a large-scale platform
- 5+ years of professional experience in Node.js with knowledge of Express
- 3+ years of experience with web frameworks and server-side rendering (SSR): Vue.js (Nuxt.js) or React (Next.js)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, other related fields or equivalent work experience
- Thorough understanding of database design and management: MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of search engine: ElasticSearch or Solr (ElasticSearch preferred)
- Experience with microservice / service-oriented architecture
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
Blind's minimum cash compensation salary range for this role in the US is $150,000.00 - $190,000.00 USD per year, and in Canada $150,000.00 - $190,000.00 CAD per year. This salary range includes compensation for multiple job levels. Your job level will be based on an assessment of your interview performance and experience, which you can always ask about to understand in more detail. Final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, candidate experience and expertise, and other factors. Salary is just one component of our total rewards package for employees at Blind. Total rewards include equity, medical, dental, and vision coverage, a flexible PTO policy, parental leave, stipends for WFH and L&D, and other region-specific benefits.
Blind is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to bringing transparency to the workplace, and we actively work to hire and retain the best-qualified people regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status by federal, state, or local laws. Individuals with disabilities or special needs can request accommodation by contacting us at email@example.com