At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
As a Data Engineer at TpT, you will work with other Platform and Product Engineering teams, as well as business teams including Analytics, Product, Marketing, and Finance, to ensure that people and systems have access to clean, reliable, understandable, curated data. You’ll help to build and improve our Data Warehouse, pipelines, and related infrastructure, using your ability to think systematically, abstractly, and empathetically.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Strong SQL skills, and a solid understanding of how relational databases and cloud data warehouses work.
- Experience with backend web development practices and tools, including CI/CD, SQL databases, APIs, git/GitHub, etc.
- Experience with building, and monitoring resilient systems.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design and development, including dimensional modeling and ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peers across business and engineering teams.
- 2 years of software engineering experience, with at least one year on a Data Engineering team
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Experience with Ed-Tech or ecommerce marketplaces.
- Experience as a Business/Data Analyst or related role.
- Experience with the primary tools we use: BigQuery, dbt, Looker, Airflow, Kubernetes, AWS, Python.
- Open source contributor or active in your professional community.
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve our mission of ‘Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,’ we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mother’s Room
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.