At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Communications Manager, you will work closely with our VP, Communications to build the reputation of TpT, our products, and our unmatched community of educators. You’ll help build our Communications strategy and position TpT at the forefront of trends in education. The ideal candidate is a strategic storyteller and an exceptional writer; skilled at pitching the media; and comfortable interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, from educators to reporters to executives.
- Contribute to TpT’s communications strategy to establish the company and its content creators as innovators and influencers in the education industry
- Create and pitch compelling narratives, uncovering differentiated media angles that will have a direct impact on TpT business objectives
- Create and execute a communications calendar that aligns launches, initiatives, and corporate milestones with PR opportunities
- Develop and train spokespeople, and manage press opportunities and speaking engagements for executives
- Build relationships with external advocates, including TpT Teacher Authors
- Serve as a company spokesperson as needed
- Manage thought leadership strategy, including monitoring high visibility and business-building awards programs and managing company entries
- Serve as a strategic partner to senior leadership on internal communications to support employee engagement and retention
- 5-7 years experience in-house or at an agency (a combination of both is preferred)
- Proven experience in managing strategic communications, media relations, and outreach programs to advance a company’s mission
- Crisis communications experience required
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- A knack for storytelling and creating compelling narratives
- Possesses a level of passion and creativity that inspires people
- Appreciates feedback and values honest, thoughtful critique
- Is a data-driven, results-oriented team player
- Experience working in technology and education
- Comfortable with taking risk
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve our mission of ‘Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,’ we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mother’s Room
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.