What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world’s first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
The Cloud Operations team:
The Cloud Operations (CloudOps) team is a key pillar of TpT’s platform engineering team that works collaboratively across the company to enable reliable and secure services, and reduce the time to market for innovation through infrastructure and security automation. CloudOps is responsible for the infrastructure that powers TpT’s marketplace and digital services that are used by millions of educators and students around the world. WIth this responsibility, the team works closely with developers across all of TpT’s products to ensure the underlying platform is fault-tolerant, scalable and secure. As experts in databases and operations, the team also provides expertise during troubleshooting and incidents. The ideal candidate for the CloudOps team is continuously on the hunt for improvements to infrastructure and security, opportunities to reduce toil for the team, and new tools and practices to meet the challenges of a dynamic Ed-Tech company.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Cloud Operations team, you’ll be entrusted to design, implement and operate platform functions such as securing data that span or impact a broad range of the technical stack. In addition to being a contributor to TpT’s developer platform you will help unblock and level-up teammates by mentoring and pairing with other engineers. Finally, you will help shape TpT Engineering direction by identifying and driving the adoption of new technology and process improvements.
- Drive delivery of cloud-based infrastructure and security solutions that allow our engineers to quickly build products without needing to be experts at all levels of the stack.
- Work cross-functionally to define, scope and prioritize projects that focus on developer and operational needs
- Create reproducible cloud infrastructure using modern technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Packer, and Chef.
- Proactively identify platform features that will improve operations and developer experience, minimize toil, and reduce errors.
- Utilize a suite of security tools such as WAFs, IDS/IPS and vulnerability scanners to protect our data and systems.
- Take part in an on-call rotation that supports critical infrastructure and services that TpT products rely on.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Is endlessly curious about technology, automation and iterative development practices
- Capable of delivering solutions as part of a platform used by engineers to build services with varied workloads
- Deep experience with one or more cloud providers
- Experience with container lifecycle management and orchestration such as Helm and Kubernetes
- Understands networking concepts such as HTTP and DNS and is able to work with engineers to debug challenges throughout the network stack.
- Is up to date with security best practices for web based applications and APIs
- 4+ years of experience developing and supporting scalable and reliable web applications and APIs
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve our mission of ‘Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,’ we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mother’s Room
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.